Not strangling a politician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not strangling a politician

I spent yesterday sitting at a table listening to a guy talk about how Texas has been cutting it's budget and that the tax payers should be more than happy to be paying more for the programs he supports, that taxpayers should be willing to open more disability clinics, how Texas should make EVERY building ADA compliant (exempting federal buildings of course) and that the legislature didn't fund Medicare/Medicaid for the full 2 years which means they want the 'dirt poor children to die in gutters.'

I sat through 2 hours of that without stabbing him in the throat, without calling him on the carpet and without storming out. All of that with only lithium in my system. Have any of you had to sit in a professional situation, next to someone who every fiber of your being was screaming to injure greatly?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Every day...... I just got off of a meeting where I explained the plan 4 times, we agreed, everything was good, or so I thought. I finally thought we made progress and they understood. So I reiterate it in my final comments and apparently the 45 minutes we took discussing it wasn't enough. I had to explain it all over again. I wanted squeeze kittens....
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      Every day......
      How do you do it? How do you look at someone who's entire existence is pushing that taxpayers owe someone something? How do you keep from saying "What do the taxpayers get in return?"

The guy thinks he's king shit because he is 'regularly before the Texas legislature.' When he pulled that on me, I mentioned being before Congress 12 times in the last 3 years and he changed the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        How do you do it? How do you look at someone who's entire existence is pushing that taxpayers owe someone something? How do you keep from saying "What do the taxpayers get in return?"

The guy thinks he's king shit because he is 'regularly before the Texas legislature.' When he pulled that on me, I mentioned being before Congress 12 times in the last 3 years and he changed the subject.
        If I am remote I go on mute and scream or I if I am physically there, I leave as soon as I can and smoke a cigarette and/or scream...
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

If I am remote I go on mute and scream or I if I am physically there, I leave as soon as I can and smoke a cigarette...
          I was in charge of taking the notes, so I have 10 pages of this fucktard and his self aggrandizement that I have to clean up. He actually pulled the 'dirt poor children' comment and I literally banged my head on the table.

Comment

I want to strangle someone each time I see "it's" instead of "its".
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I was in charge of taking the notes, so I have 10 pages of this fucktard and his self aggrandizement that I have to clean up. He actually pulled the 'dirt poor children' comment and I literally banged my head on the table.
              Put in white text (^this guy is a fucking homo).

Comment

Put in white text (^this guy is a fucking homo).
                You know, that's a possibility. It's not like I'm getting paid to do this.

Comment

You know, that's a possibility. It's not like I'm getting paid to do this.
                  Or you could do something like "Call Geor! @ 817.457.4521 for a good time" in white letters..

Comment

Even his cadence pissed me off. His brilliant idea was paying caregivers more than they are now. When it was pointed out that paying them more would deplete money set aside faster and less hours would be available for the funds, he pretty much shrugged it off and said "But they DESERVE more."

Right, then figure out how to pay for it instead of talking to taxpayers

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      I want to strangle someone each time I see "it's" instead of "its".

Comment

Every day...... I just got off of a meeting where I explained the plan 4 times, we agreed, everything was good, or so I thought. I finally thought we made progress and they understood. So I reiterate it in my final comments and apparently the 45 minutes we took discussing it wasn't enough. I had to explain it all over again. I wanted squeeze kittens....
                        You were explaining the zimmerman case to Hobie or Seb, right?

www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Should have told him to fund his pet projects by cutting that exorbitant pension Tx state politicians receive.

Comment

The fix is to remove them all from office. Period

A more thorough example would be for the next round of tax wasters to come to Austin and see the rotting corpses of the last round still hanging from the trees, but that seems extreme to some.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Just challenge them to a discussion, eventually they will no longer feel comfortable bringing up politics.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X