Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonzoss View Post
    Want a 62 galaxie wagon?!?!?
    Did you get the dash and all that back in it ? Did you end up getting it running ?

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
      Did you get the dash and all that back in it ? Did you end up getting it running ?

dash is in. I bought a cluster from ebay and wired the bare min. and yes it runs. got a ticket to prove it...lol I would like to finish it off before I sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        Sold
        Figures.

Forgot to mention, I hate red, so the '59 is out. I'd like to have a 4 door, so the grey '60 is out.

The blue one, I would be ALL OVER if I could unload the truck quickly. We'll have to see how that one plays out.

-Aaron

Comment

I would also be interested in this car, since the '58s have a really deep trunk.

Comment

I've been looking and have seen this car on there. I actually kinda like it. The blue is almost a little too "pastel" to me though. Not to mention the interior is the same blue. The '61 is one of my favorite body styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Yeah, that's the same one I quoted above. I'd definitely be interested in that if I had cash in my hand from the truck.

Comment

Yeah, that's the same one I quoted above. I'd definitely be interested in that if I had cash in my hand from the truck.
                LOL, sorry. I was looking at so many of them I lost track which was which. Looking through all of those ads made me realize just how rare old iron is getting to be. Cars that people wouldn't look at twice 15-20 years ago like certain four doors and wagons are now going for a premium. Pickins are really getting slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  LOL, sorry. I was looking at so many of them I lost track which was which. Looking through all of those ads made me realize just how rare old iron is getting to be. Cars that people wouldn't look at twice 15-20 years ago like certain four doors and wagons are now going for a premium. Pickins are really getting slim.
                  For sure man. There's definitely been a resurgence of people wanting old cars, and not even just the two doors. Cars like Chris' Galaxie are showing up everywhere, and they look cool as shit !!

I just put my truck on the HAMB and within minutes had a guy ask if I was interested in trading for a VERY nice blue '53 Chevy two door sedan. I'm VERY interested in it, but the car is in Wisconsin, so that's a small hurdle to overcome as far as trading. I'll keep you guys updated though. As much as I want a wagon, I would LOVE to have this '53, partly because it's nearly identical to the '54 I used to have.

Comment

How about 62 Galaxie sedan w/ your pinstriping already on it? Lol..
                    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I wish I had the coin to pick your truck up. I've been itching for an older truck. I used to have a 65 LWB.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                        How about 62 Galaxie sedan w/ your pinstriping already on it? Lol..
                        I'm kinda partial to the GM cars.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        I wish I had the coin to pick your truck up. I've been itching for an older truck. I used to have a 65 LWB.
                        I wish you did too ! Then I could find something else to work on ! LOL !

Here's a run-down of what's been done to it.

There's TONS of new parts in it.

283 Small block Chevy. Doesn't smoke or burn oil. I put an MSD 6A ignition box on it and it fires right up, no matter how cold it is outside. Fresh rebuilt carb.
                        World Class T5 5 speed from a Camaro with S10 tail shaft and shifter rail to move the shifter forward.
                        New Hurst shifter.
                        New speedometer cable.
                        New electric fuel pump.
                        New fuel sending unit.
                        New Old Air Products A/C.
                        New aluminum radiator.
                        New chrome grill and bumper.
                        New park light and tail light bezels.
                        New carpet and custom leather seat cover.
                        New brake lines, hoses, master cylinder, lowering springs, shocks.
                        New wide white wall tires on powder coated wheels.
                        New battery, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points.
                        Fabricated stainless steel radiator hoses and fan shroud.

And a whole bunch of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.

The A/C blows out 28 degree air. It CRUISES down the highway. We rolled to Austin with the A/C on, running into a 20+ mph headwind, and rolled 70-75 the whole way and it got 15 mpg. This thing is a daily driver in every sense of the word. Cold A/C, hot heat, starts right up every time, super easy to drive and is dead reliable.

We went to Austin last weekend, drove it all over the place down there, and never had even so much as a hiccup. Cruising south Congress Ave it never got above 190 degrees in stop and go traffic.

I have over 70 pictures of all the work. I really would like to keep it, I just need something that I can lock all my stuff up in and not worry about someone stealing my lively hood.

And some recent pictures.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

For sure man. There's definitely been a resurgence of people wanting old cars, and not even just the two doors. Cars like Chris' Galaxie are showing up everywhere, and they look cool as shit !!

I just put my truck on the HAMB and within minutes had a guy ask if I was interested in trading for a VERY nice blue '53 Chevy two door sedan. I'm VERY interested in it, but the car is in Wisconsin, so that's a small hurdle to overcome as far as trading. I'll keep you guys updated though. As much as I want a wagon, I would LOVE to have this '53, partly because it's nearly identical to the '54 I used to have.

Amber's family is in Wisconsin...lets road trip it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gonzoss View Post
                            Amber's family is in Wisconsin...lets road trip it!!!
                            Well, my dad has a diesel truck and a trailer.....

I wouldn't hesitate to drive my truck that far, it's the other car I'd be nervous about. It's all original, 235 6 cylinder and 3 on the tree.

I sent the guy a pm back but haven't heard from him yet. In the meantime, I had three other guys send me trade offers, one in Reno, another one in Florida, and another in Pittsburg.

Comment

Working...
                            X