No announcement yet.

I'm going to sell my truck and buy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to sell my truck and buy.....

.....a station wagon.

So after spending all the time and money building the truck, I came to the realization that I am terrified of leaving all of my paint stuff in the bed of the truck and going inside somewhere for any amount of time (like going to eat dinner, etc). The way my luck goes, someone would steal all of my shit and realize it's "just a bunch of fucking paint" and throw the shit out when they realized it wasn't anything of value to them.

I found a '61 Chevy wagon that I reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy wanted and was trying to work a straight across trade for my truck, but the dude sold the damn thing before I could do the trade.

I have it narrowed down to '53-4, '58, and '61-'63 Chevy wagons.

I MIGHT settle for a '53-4, '58 or '61 two door sedan since they have such a big trunk.

I had an offer on my truck when we drove it to Austin for the Roundup, and probably should have taken it, but I was kinda holding out for more money. I'm thinking about putting it on the HAMB and seeing what kind of trade options open up, or putting it on eBay.

I've been looking through Craigslist search sites for wagons, and the two door sedans I'm interested in and have found a few cars that I'm interested in.

Do you guys know of any other places to look than Craigslist, eBay and the HAMB ?

-Aaron

good luck aaron, i know your luck is about as good as mine, so hopefully you do better finding a wagon.

Comment

You should trade it for a big trunk'd car. Like a 59 Galaxie with air ride and AC

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
        good luck aaron, i know your luck is about as good as mine, so hopefully you do better finding a wagon.
        That is just way too easy.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
          That is just way too easy.
          fuck off faggot, aaron is cool, lets not ruin his thread

Comment

Aaron, I would be all over your truck if I was moving back to the States any time soon! PM me a price that you are looking to get for it...

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
              You should trade it for a big trunk'd car. Like a 59 Galaxie with air ride and AC

Fuck yeah! Perfect swap right thuuuurrr

Trunk big enough for all your painting supply needs! (and a few dead bodies!)

Comment

I'd have already bought your truck if I could justify the expense. The rate I'm going it would just sit in the garage and collect dust.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueJunkie View Post
                  Aaron, I would be all over your truck if I was moving back to the States any time soon! PM me a price that you are looking to get for it...
                  Just sent you a PM with a bunch of info and price.

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                  Fuck yeah! Perfect swap right thuuuurrr

Trunk big enough for all your painting supply needs! (and a few dead bodies!)
                  Maaaaan, don't tempt me. He already texted me ! LOL ! I'd have to do an LS swap on that car to really be able to drive it though.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  I'd have already bought your truck if I could justify the expense. The rate I'm going it would just sit in the garage and collect dust.
                  It's all good, Brent. Given your work situation, I don't blame you.

Comment

Why not just ad a lockable, hard tonneau cover to your truck, Aaron?

Comment

His tool box set up is too tall
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I've got a hemi'd wagon for sale.

Comment

Go with an early 60s Ford Wagon dude. The rocket taillights in those things are pure sex.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                            \

Maaaaan, don't tempt me. He already texted me ! LOL ! I'd have to do an LS swap on that car to really be able to drive it though.
                            And the problem is?!

Between him and John theyd have a LSX swapped in before you got the truck over there...

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Go with an early 60s Ford Wagon dude. The rocket taillights in those things are pure sex.
                              Dude, I'm in LOVE with the mid 50's-mid 60's Chevy wagons.

Comment

Working...
                              X