Mail laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail laws?

Can an apartment complex office legally withhold mail from someone other than the mail recipient even if they are both on the lease?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

I would think that they cant with hold anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      I would think that they cant with hold anything.
      I would think the same thing. I do believe federal laws would trump any sort of civil issue between a lessee and owner.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

They said it's "company" policy that they only give delivered packages to the person who's name is on the package. Which they require ID to be checked to pick up any sort of package or mail before giving it to the recipient. This is the first time I've ever run into this and it sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding laws on the subject.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Well if its a package inside the office then yeah it should only be gave to the person its addressed to.

They can be held liable if not.

To eliminate future problems put both names on the package orders.

Comment

Call your postmaster. They are the cops of the postal service and anyone interfering with the us mail will get a nice visit.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              They said it's "company" policy that they only give delivered packages to the person who's name is on the package. Which they require ID to be checked to pick up any sort of package or mail before giving it to the recipient. This is the first time I've ever run into this and it sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding laws on the subject.
              Package such as UPS/FedEx or USPS. I believe they are right it if it is a USPS parcel.

Did you send yourself (fake name) a box of weed? If you need a Rusty Shacklford ID let us know but you are gonna have to come off that green sticky.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Well if its a package inside the office then yeah it should only be gave to the person its addressed to.

They can be held liable if not.

To eliminate future problems put both names on the package orders.
                Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Package such as UPS/FedEx or USPS. I believe they are right it if it is a USPS parcel.

Did you send yourself (fake name) a box of weed? If you need a Rusty Shacklford ID let us know but you are gonna have to come off that green sticky.

It was a USPS mail tube. What I don't get is how is it any different that my girlfriend is able to go and pickup my mail from our mailbox yet she can't pick up my mail from the front office? They said they check ID's, her ID has the same address as mine, so how is that any different?

As silly as it sounds, I've always wanted a replica of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights. Well they were delivered today.

Comment

This is why I have everything shipped to my office - someone is always there to sign for it when I'm out on the road.

Also, the people that run my apt. complex are buffoons.

Comment

Hire Nicolas Cage to sneak in and steal them at night!
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                      Hire Nicolas Cage to sneak in and steal them at night!

This I hear he needs the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked98snake View Post
                        hire nicolas cage to sneak in and steal them at night!
                        lmao!

Comment

Just go in there together and tell them you approve of it.

Look at it this way, what if you had a roommate that would go over and start collecting your mail? I rather they check then just hand my shit out like candy...
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Be thankful that the people in the office care enough to protect your packages. Most places would give it to who ever showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                              Be thankful that the people in the office care enough to protect your packages. Most places would give it to who ever showed up.
                              I can understand if they wouldn't give it to someone who's not on the apartment lease and I'd appreciate that. I find it ridiculous that they won't release a package to my girlfriend who's on my lease and can show proof of residency by her ID, yet she can go to our mailbox and get any mail with my name on it without any issues.

How would it be any different if my girlfriend answered my door and signed for my package? The mailman isn't going to ask for her ID, they're just going to ask for a signature. Either way she's still receiving it on behalf of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X