profiling! sans hoodies, ice tea or skittles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profiling! sans hoodies, ice tea or skittles

The Newton County Sheriff’s Office is investigating why a couple was confronted at gunpoint by neighbors and then arrested and forced to spend the night in jail when they tried to move into the home they had just purchased, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Enlarge photo Channel 2 Action News Jean Kalonji, an immigrant from the Congo, said that being confronted by armed neighbors brought back painful memories.

.The Kalonji family had just closed on a foreclosed home and were told by their real estate agent they should go over to the house and change the locks.

But when Jean Kalonji and his wife, Angelica, started working at the home, an armed man and another person who appeared to be the man’s son allegedly confronted them.

“He say to put the hands up and get out from the house, otherwise he would shoot us,” the husband told Channel 2.

The neighbors didn’t believe the couple when they told them they had bought the home and called the Newton County Sheriff’s Office. The Kalonjis didn’t have the closing papers with them, so deputies arrested them, charged them with loitering and prowling and took them to jail.

Yvette Harris, the couple’s real estate agent, said they never should have been arrested.

“They rightfully own this house,” Harris said.

Kalonji, who grew up in the Congo, said the experience brought back painful memories.

“There, they put me down with the gun to my head, and come here, the same,” he said.

Mark Mitchell, spokesman for the Newton Sheriff’s Office, said authorities are “looking into it, exactly what occurred, why it occurred.”

keep it racist america!!!!!!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Racial profiling, it works!
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Those cops really screwed the pooch there.

And they are all racists!!!!
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood!
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I wonder if they are reconsidering the purchase.

Comment

It is reasonable what the neighbors did. People were fumbling around the house, they didn't know them, better go investigate. However, they should not have been taken to jail. A small amount of investigation done by the cops would have the matter all straightened out, but apparently that's too much to ask.

Comment

Well a least they know their neighbors will watch their property and show up with guns if they think something is amiss. Lulz
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                It is reasonable what the neighbors did. People were fumbling around the house, they didn't know them, better go investigate. However, they should not have been taken to jail. A small amount of investigation done by the cops would have the matter all straightened out, but apparently that's too much to ask.
                I agree with this... but no need to pull guns on people, im sure this was in the middle of the day. Unless of course it's that bad of a neighborhood. I'd love to see them come by later "Hey so....... sorry about the whole gun incident... you're new to this country and you're black so get accustomed to it... Here's a pie for ya, just our way of saying Welcome to the neighborhood."

Comment

the house next door to me's been sold to....

Comment

uppity congoans
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      I agree with this... but no need to pull guns on people, im sure this was in the middle of the day. Unless of course it's that bad of a neighborhood. I'd love to see them come by later "Hey so....... sorry about the whole gun incident... you're new to this country and you're black so get accustomed to it... Here's a pie for ya, just our way of saying Welcome to the neighborhood."
                      I believe it took place at night.

Newton County family says what should have been one of their happiest nights turned into a nightmare

Here's a video where one of the family members said they came "with the light and the gun."

Trailer house FTW!

Comment

I guess they won't be inviting them over when they get moved in for Wine and small talk.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

It was a foreclosed house. Is someone really going to protect the "castle" of a bank?

I don't think what the neighbors did was reasonable at all.

Even if they did steal something, it's burglary of a building since it was inhabited.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

I don't think what the neighbors did was reasonable at all.
                            I agree. They ran over there with guns to a house they don't own? Sounds like they were just looking for a reason to act all big and tough and maybe get to use their weapons.

Hmmmm..... They should be cops!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              It was a foreclosed house. Is someone really going to protect the "castle" of a bank?
                              Not really protecting the castle..... just really wanted to shoot something!

Comment

Working...
                              X