Digital camera question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital camera question

OK, I am far from a photographer, and don't need to learn all the ins and outs of how to use Lyn's new camera to it's fullest extent, but this is driving me crazy. She got a Canon EOS Rebel T3i, and when you push the button to take a picture, there is like a 3 second pause before it actually takes the picture. Is that normal? Is there some setting that is incorrect on it?

And no, I have not read the book.

Have you tried yelling at it?

Comment

Make Lyn fix it, obv.

Comment

I know reading the instruction is always a last resort, BUT you might want to do that. I'm sure there is a menu option to adjust the delay.

PS: That information is based on absolutely nothing. Good luck !
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I will probably never use the damn thing again, so I doubt I'll read the manual. But I did twist a few dials and got some pic's of the dogs, and it seems to be instant. It takes like 8 a second if you hold the button down

Comment

Try hitting it.

It's most likely that the shutter speed is set to whatever delay you are experiencing. It should be pretty easy to adjust.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

What settings are you using, what lens and what are the lighting conditions?

Comment

Post a pic of the lcd with settings.
                Set it to program mode (p) let the camera figure it out and see if does it again.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  What settings are you using, what lens and what are the lighting conditions?
                  Lmao. really?

By his post it sounds like he needs a point and shoot or the instructions.

Comment

it may be set to shutter delay, does it beep off a counter? There is an auto focus period.. make sure your lens cap is off, aim it at something, do a partial shutter depress (it will autofocus and then beep, or illuminate the diopter view momentarily), then a full shutter depress, it should actuate your shutter immediately. If you switch the side button from A to M, to force manual focus, it should always immediately actuate, if you want to troubleshoot it.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Why don't you just use your phone to take pictures?
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        Why don't you just use your phone to take pictures?
                        LOL, I usually do!

Lyn got this camera a few months ago for free, so it was out and today I picked it up for the first time to fuck around with it. Like I said, I'll probably never use it again, but it was set on the Portrait mode, and indoors whenever I press the shutter button half way to focus it, then all the way down, there is a delay. Changed it around, went outside, and it was no longer doing that. That fucker is fast when you hold the button down, got some goofy shots of the dog while he was jumping around outside, a few were while he was in the air, and he looks retarded.

And holy fuck, 18 megapixles makes for a HUGE picture!

Comment

Sounds like you need more light or higher iso or faster lens. Welcome to dslr cameras. It's a whole new world and you realize how much light you need.

The reason there is a delay is there is not enough light for a proper exposure on your indoor shots.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            LOL, I usually do!

Lyn got this camera a few months ago for free, so it was out and today I picked it up for the first time to fuck around with it. Like I said, I'll probably never use it again, but it was set on the Portrait mode, and indoors whenever I press the shutter button half way to focus it, then all the way down, there is a delay. Changed it around, went outside, and it was no longer doing that. That fucker is fast when you hold the button down, got some goofy shots of the dog while he was jumping around outside, a few were while he was in the air, and he looks retarded.

And holy fuck, 18 megapixles makes for a HUGE picture!
                            Yeah it must be in automatic mode. I've been taking pictures for quite a while, but I work in manual mode entirely, I honestly do not know much about the automatic features of most cameras. But yes what was said above is correct, it's forcing a slow shutter or there is insufficient light for it to get a good focal point so it's hunting.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                            X