Miscarriages suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscarriages suck

Wife miscarried back in September and that was a terrible experience. We found out a month ago that we were expecting again. We have been having her HCG woman pregnancy levels tested and they have been increasing normal.

We went for an ultrasound yesterday and the heartbeat was a little low but pretty normal for what it was measuring at. Today we got a phone call that her HCG levels we tested yesterday didnt really double or increase like they should so we dont know what to think now.

Anyone whos ever gone through this knows how much it sucks. The waiting game and hearing the heartbeat, only to think it may be slowing down only to die. That makes me sick to think about.

If we end up losing this one, we are stuck with the dilemma on whether or not to be done trying. We dont want our kids so far apart that they dont have anything to do with eachother. Right now they would be about 3 and half years apart if this one makes it.

Life sometimes really sucks. Wednesday we will test again and figure out for sure what is going on.

we and several others on here have been through that. i wish you the best, and you are in my prayers.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good luck man.

Comment

I wish you guys the best. It's hard for sure, but don't let the age gap stop you if you really want it. My Mom went through what you guys are, but I finally happened. My Brother and I are 13 years apart and best of friends.

Comment

Good luck man.
          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
          Your opinion is what sucks.
          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
            It's hard for sure, but don't let the age gap stop you if you really want it.
            I agree. There's a 6 1/2yr difference between my oldest and youngest. And honestly, I'm glad it's that way. Easier on the parents, and they are still ridiculously close relationship wise. Big brother looks after his little sister like a hawk, and vice versa. They do everything together, and really are best friends. My oldest being as old as he was when little sister came along seemed to make the transition and adjustment much easier on him. He's never once gotten jealous, or felt deprived of attention.

Sorry to hear this though. I can't imagine the emotions you guys are having.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

My sister went through this last week. God be with your child, and if it doesn't happen. Adoption is a great alterative.

Comment

Thanks for all the great responses. I showed my wife the age responses and they make sense. Perhaps we need to rethink and see how next week goes.

Comment

My youngest sister is ten years older than I am and we have an excellent relationship, even though we've got little in common as far as lifestyles go. Kids adapt.

Comment

I'm sorry. I've been through it several times, and it's never easy. I wouldn't give up just yet. hCG levels are supposed to double every 48-72 hours and level off at 8 weeks. Have they been tracking her progesterone levels? I had to have progesterone therapy with my youngest, after having three miscarriages.

I'd definitely talk to her OB about the game plan for this pregnancy and subsequent pregnancies and get a second opinion.

Comment

My thoughts are with you guys. Our girls are 4 years apart and it has been wonderful. They are both grown and it meant not having 2 in college at the same time or having 2 weddings at the same time. With girls, both of these scenario's can break you! Don't let the time in between be too much of a factor in your decision.

Comment

I can't say much for the miscarriages, but I have a brother that's 13 years older and wouldn't trade that for the world.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear it. It's one of the hardest things to deal with ever. We had a later term loss and it was very difficult to deal with. Then later we were blessed with our little Emma and I'm SO glad we didn't give up on trying. She's worth every bit of the heartache we had before. I wish the best for you guys and hope it works out for the better. Good luck.

Comment

I can't imagine the pain, hoping the best for you guys.

Comment

It sucks, happened to us 3 times. Then we lost a twin a few months in. Our daughter is a blessing, and we are expecting a son in a few months. Both after we were told my wife couldn't conceive.

Keep your heads up.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X