British Farmer finds 20 brand new Spitfire's from WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    It's just sensational, that's the story they want it to be, doesn't mean that's the truth. I think he's still looking.
    I know, just hate seeing things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
      If he has the exclusive rights to dig, Mr. Millionaire can't do sh!t.
      Fortunes have been made and lost on hidden fine print in contracts/agreements. Throw enough lawyers at a problem and you can do anything you want.

Comment

Further begging the question: why on Earth would you open your mouth about something like this before you had pieces in place to get those things out of there and in a secured location?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Further begging the question: why on Earth would you open your mouth about something like this before you had pieces in place to get those things out of there and in a secured location?
          Being out of money is a bitch.

Comment

This thread is old as dirt...but thought I'd bump it up.

Searchers have arrived in Myanmar to start the dig!

sigpic

Comment

Always good to hear updates!
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I can't wait until they pull that first one out, unbox and unwrap it, and display it. This is so fucking cool.

Comment

I hope they fare better than that car they dug up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    I can't wait until they pull that first one out, unbox and unwrap it, and display it. This is so fucking cool.
                    Hopefully they're not rust buckets. The scary issue with being buried 65+ years is the ground water.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Hopefully they're not rust buckets. The scary issue with being buried 65+ years is the ground water.
                      Yes, that's the risk really. Most of those planes should have been made of aluminum, I would think. There should be something that could at least cover the extraction costs.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

With that many planes you would think so cj. Hopefully by summer 2013 there will be a tv documentary of the dig.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          With that many planes you would think so cj. Hopefully by summer 2013 there will be a tv documentary of the dig.
                          That's what I'm hoping for. Epic documentary. I wonder if Geraldo Rivera will be there for the opening of the tomb.

Comment

You think the ground water would cause problems even though they were waxed, covered in greased paper, and then sealed in tar?

Comment

Like water...

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                                You think the ground water would cause problems even though they were waxed, covered in greased paper, and then sealed in tar?
                                Yes. They call rust a 'cancer' for a reason.
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X