Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF!? At least the state is doing the right thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF!? At least the state is doing the right thing.

Discuss.

After 16-year-old Austin Sprout lost his life when his parents, Brandi and Russel Bellew, opted for prayer instead of medical treatment, their remaining six children are now wards of the state, the Register-Guard reports.

According to the paper, the couple can still see their children under a new "in-home safety plan" which dictates a state "safety-provider" must be present during the visits, and mandates the "immediate notification" of the state Department of Human Services if any of the children have medical illnesses.

The couple also face charges of manslaughter in the second degree, according to the Associated Press.

Religion News Blog notes that, in response to multiple preventable deaths resulting from "faith healing," Oregon's legislature passed House Bill 2721 into law in June, hoping to eliminate "reliance on spiritual treatment as defense to certain crimes in which victim is under 18 years of age."

Last year, KVAL-TV reported that the family belonged to the General Assembly Church of the First Born, a congregation known for their practice of faith healing.

Brian Sprout, Austin Sprout's father and Brandi Bellew's first husband, died in 2007 of sepsis after seeking prayer instead of medical treatment for a leg injury.

I don't condone faith healing any more than sharia law.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

How awful......wait a tic.

Stupid people doing stupid shit to eliminate their crotch fruit from the gene pool?

I see no problem with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        How awful......wait a tic.

Stupid people doing stupid shit to eliminate their crotch fruit from the gene pool?

I see no problem with this.
        I see where you're going, and I somewhat agree with you, but I disagree because a life (2 in this families case) were lost unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          I see where you're going, and I somewhat agree with you, but I disagree because a life (2 in this families case) were lost unnecessarily.
          I agree although the first I'm not that saddened over but the second being a child that's where the tragedy is.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Post term abortion?

Comment

I've talked with folks like this before. They'll tell you that "God Provides". Well, I absolutely agree with that.

God provided them with doctors and medical science but THEY chose to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                I've talked with folks like this before. They'll tell you that "God Provides". Well, I absolutely agree with that.

God provided them with doctors and medical science but THEY chose to ignore it.
                Exactly

reminds me of the story where the guy is stuck on his roof after a major flood.....boat goes buy and asks him if he needs help he says "God will provide."

Another boat goes buy, sees the man there and the same thing happens

Few days later, a helicopter sees him and trys to get him to get on. He says "God will provide."

Well, he dies.....when he gets to heavan he asks God "why didnt you help me?"
                God says "I sent you two goddamned boats and a helicopter!"
                May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                Semper Fi

Comment

I fail to see how it is possible to judge a child's mental acuity based on the dumb-assery of parents...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    One was an adult that made that decision on his own.

Comment

Working...
                    X