No announcement yet.

Allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting read in regards to local honey...

Some say a spoonful of honey makes the sneezing and sniffling symptoms of pollen allergies go away. WebMD asked the experts.

Does Honey Help Prevent Allergies?
    Some say a spoonful of honey makes the sneezes and sniffles go away. Here's what an expert says.
    By Susan Davis
    WebMD the Magazine - Feature Reviewed by Laura J. Martin, MD
    In every issue of WebMD the Magazine, we ask experts to answer readers' questions about a wide range of topics, including some of the most cherished medical myths out there. For our March/April 2012 issue, we talked to Michael Palumbo, MD, an allergist with Allergy & Clinical Immunology Associates in Pittsburgh, about the popular idea that honey helps prevent allergies.

Q: Can local honey help my allergies?

A: No. The theory that taking in small amounts of pollen by eating local honey to build up immunity is FALSE.

Here's why: It's generally the pollen blowing in the wind (released by non-flowering trees, weeds, and grasses) that triggers springtime allergies, not the pollen in flowers carried by bees. So even local honey won’t have much, if any, of the type of pollen setting off your allergies.

Studies show bees don’t just bring flower pollen back to their honeycomb. They bring "tree and grass pollen, in addition to mold spores, diesel particles, and other contaminants," says Palumbo. The problem is that it’s difficult to make a honey from just one kind of pollen (say, weeds and not grass). So, save your local honey for your tea and toast, not for your allergy medicine cabinet.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

where would you buy local honey in mansfield / arlington area?

Comment

Originally posted by 00bolt View Post
        where would you buy local honey in mansfield / arlington area?
        Farmer's markets, whole foods, central market, etc. Non chain nutritional stores will have it too.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I get my honey from a hive in Joesphine Texas, goood shit too.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has suggested this because
            I didn't read the whole thing but my allergies used to kick my Ass constantly year round, I started allergy shots 2 months ago and have had zero allergy issues since.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              You guys should try eating local honey.
              My allergist said that this is a myth, but he did suggest omega-3s which seems to help. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I tend to crave salmon during allergy season.

Comment

fluticasone propionate

Comment

Your parents should have thrown you outside more often.

<--- No allergies, ever.
                  Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Fuck yeah man . BTW, i lived outside as a kid practically lol . No nintendo or anything . Just me and the friends playing outside all day every day . And allergies are kicking my ass too. Itchy eyes, and nonstop sneezing. And itchy roof of mouth

Claratin works well though

Comment

Turned my freind on to these and the next day I got a text that it was like an orgasm in his nose. He use to not be able to even get out on some days now he is good to go.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                      X