Michigan lotto winner charged with welfare fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted View Post
    I wonder how much she had left. They always leave out the important shit.
    Her boyfriend said $65,000
    Street car.

Comment

It is exceedingly common for lotto winners to go bankrupt within ten years of the windfall.

Comment

Mind numbing that anyone on any welfare program is out there buying lottery tix or gambling of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          It is exceedingly common for lotto winners to go bankrupt within ten years of the windfall.
          First thing I'm if I ever win the lottery (I don't play the lottery, so I'm not going to win) is get a lawyer on retainer and hire a good accountant....

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            First thing I'm if I ever win the lottery (I don't play the lottery, so I'm not going to win) is get a lawyer on retainer and hire a good accountant....
            buy a couple vowels too
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

"The boyfriend says that Clayton gave away most of her money and set up college funds for her children. He says she only had $67,000 left at the time of her death."

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post

I'd hire a lawyer to claim it under a blind trust to keep the vultures away.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I'd hire a lawyer to claim it under a blind trust to keep the vultures away.
                  Yup, that should be step one for any major winnings. People close to me wouldn't even know I won until the car transports started showing up to drop off my new toys. I would just tell dfwm that I became a CPA

Comment

haha i would buy this place then act like it pulls just enough so i can quit my job and keep living the same. take out a few enemies then slowly build my empire all whilst keeping the average joe appearance

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                      haha i would buy this place then act like it pulls just enough so i can quit my job and keep living the same. take out a few enemies then slowly build my empire all whilst keeping the average joe appearance
                      it works for me
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Be careful what you wish for.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

lottery winnings should always change hands from lottery commission to a LLC immediately. Hire an attorney who is versed on lottery/inheritance/etc winnings and knows how to move funds around. Without going into a lot of detail, you want the LLC to be controlled by your board of directors (you) and have absolutely no redeeming or remarkable qualities. This allows the LLC's CPA (you and your accountant) to invest the money/save it/blow it etc. without repercussion from other people.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                          X