Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are the idiots we are fighting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...jqNT_blog.html

“This guy is the Taliban equivalent of the ‘Home Alone” burglars,” one U.S. official said.

lmao, wow... how that retard hadn't managed to already blow himself up is beyond me.

Comment

Opium.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Sooo, did he get the award? lulz

And what is the green shit in lower right pic?
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

How do we ever expect to get anywhere with these people?
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Hmmmm, maybe we just shouldn't have expectations for them?

Comment

We rule them as their overlords . Theyll be grateful servants, content to live on a meager wage . Meanwhile we will live like kings in a faraway land

Comment

FWIW, Socrates, Plato, and Homer have all had a similar quandary.

Comment

lmgdao!

"Officials have guessed at what the unusual details of Ashan’s arrest might tell us about the state of the insurgency — its desperation, its lack of resources, its defiance of law and order.

But, for now, the consensus has landed on the singularity of Ashan’s act, and the intellectual calculus that led to it.

“Clearly,” one U.S. official said, “the man is an imbecile.”"

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    Sooo, did he get the award? lulz

And what is the green shit in lower right pic?
                    command det. wire for IED??
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Buddy of mine just got out of the Army after 8 years. One thing that stuck with me he said was how some village of people thought they were the Soviets.

The Soviets - these people aren't even living in the early 90's, let alone today, they have no connection to the outside world and have no idea what's going on.

What are we trying to do there?
                      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                        Buddy of mine just got out of the Army after 8 years. One thing that stuck with me he said was how some village of people thought they were the Soviets.

The Soviets - these people aren't even living in the early 90's, let alone today, they have no connection to the outside world and have no idea what's going on.

What are we trying to do there?
                        Hobie, I visited a village (Terwa) that was a stone's throw away from the PAK border and they had ZERO concept of the war, America, running water, electricity, why we were there or anything other than their surround 3-5 miles. We might as well been aliens to them.

Question to the elder by a Master Sergeant: What do you need here the most?
                        Elder: A school
                        Master Sergeant: How much do you think it will cost to construct?
                        Elder: $500,000 Dollars
                        Me sitting on the sidelines listening: You have got to be fucking kidding. You live in a canvas dome huts and think Moses walked the Earth 100 years ago.

Of course the questions and responses were translated by a Afghan from Kabul.

I could go on for years on how fucked that country (region) is from the shit I saw in my 5 plus years there.

Comment

"......win the hearts and minds."

Too bad these people have neither.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            Hobie, I visited a village (Terwa) that was a stone's throw away from the PAK border and they had ZERO concept of the war, America, running water, electricity, why we were there or anything other than their surround 3-5 miles. We might as well been aliens to them.

Question to the elder by a Master Sergeant: What do you need here the most?
                            Elder: A school
                            Master Sergeant: How much do you think it will cost to construct?
                            Elder: $500,000 Dollars
                            Me sitting on the sidelines listening: You have got to be fucking kidding. You live in a canvas dome huts and think Moses walked the Earth 100 years ago.

Of course the questions and responses were translated by a Afghan from Kabul.

I could go on for years on how fucked that country (region) is from the shit I saw in my 5 plus years there.
                            A few decades of shelling and Theocratic rule knocked those people back in time.
                            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                              A few decades of shelling and Theocratic rule knocked those people back in time.
                              in most places there has been no rule other than that of the village elders. Villages just miles apart may never speak to each other for decades. They are just that isolated. There is more communication these days DUE to the war and we used to see tons of Afghans who might have family in one province working in another. But still........those fucks have never left the dark ages. Can't go back in time when they have never moved forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X