Quality vs Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality vs Quantity

Do you choose quality or quantity? I have always tried to buy quality and avoid cheap crap when possible. I have always had the mentality that you can buy quality once or cheap crap over and over. Talking to a girl at work yesterday that wants a no name brand TV that is 46" over a Samsung 40" that is the same price.

Disclaimer: I do buy throw away tools at harbor freight from time to time.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    Do you choose quality or quantity? I have always tried to buy quality and avoid cheap crap when possible. I have always had the mentality that you can buy quality once or cheap crap over and over. Talking to a girl at work yesterday that wants a no name brand TV that is 46" over a Samsung 40" that is the same price.

HF is my one of my Fav stores!
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Quality...I learned a long time ago that rebuying shit just flat sucks.

...that goes for "refurb" stuff too, even brand name I don't do refurb on anything electronic....learned the hard way on that one too.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Ask her if six inches is that big of a deal over quality. If so please send me her picture and well go from there...
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I would have to look at both TV's and do some research on trying to find out who actually makes the no name TV. Personally I have yet to have a TV break regardless of brand and in reality I'm probably going to replace the TV with a better one in 5 years. So if the picture looks similar I would probably get the bigger one. Right now I have a Panasonic 50", Vizio 36" and a no name 27" so I have the whole spectrum of TVs covered.

Comment

I've never had a tv die until last week. But its a tube tv from 2004ish sony.

My pull button 13 inch from 1985 is still rocking in the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post

I buy quality stuff. The only time I buy HF tools is if I'm planning on fucking them up somehow. (welding a wrench to a bar, things of that nature)

Comment

Any TV can break and they all will be outdated within 3 years. If I buy the smaller one, then I might want to upgrade even sooner than that. Once I know how big I want, I'll wait for a good sale and still pay a little more for a top brand, but I don't need the very best. A 46" is a LOT bigger than a 40".

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  Any TV can break and they all will be outdated within 3 years. If I buy the smaller one, then I might want to upgrade even sooner than that. Once I know how big I want, I'll wait for a good sale and still pay a little more for a top brand, but I don't need the very best. A 46" is a LOT bigger than a 40".
                  x2, always go big or go home on TV's just not TOO big.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                    x2, always go big or go home on TV's just not TOO big.
                    Spoken from the faggot who doesn't like bacon.

2012 GT500

Comment

honestly, in this case, depends on the brand. Some of the off brands actually are not bad at all. For a 6 inch difference, I would seriously look into the specs/details/reviews.

If they were closer (like 40 vs 42) then it's a no brainer for the quality product.

For the record though, I normally will choose quality first, unless it's a really big difference...
                      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

That's almost the same question as "new engine parts or used". I just completed my 410 stroker build and the only used part put on it was a distributor untill the MSD came in... Well the distributor lasted 1 mile, lol. Quality and new
                        Street car.

Comment

Since everyone is focused on the TV deal...its 46" Magnavox vs 40" Samsung

Comment

I have a house full of Samsung's, and love every one of them. I'd have to go for quality in this case.

Comment

It just depends really. Something I use daily, quality. Something I use 2-3 times a year, cheap stuff is fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X