No announcement yet.

Warranty voided due to CAI, mufflers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can't just "void your warranty" for the entire car. What they can do, is determine that a modification you made caused a problem with the car, which voids the warranty for the problem area.

There was an issue with early, aggressive tunes. It's been a while since I've seen a tune cause a problem, and it's been even longer since I've seen Ford actually cancel a powertrain warranty for one. It seems that Ford is quietly taking care of most people that are having issues.

However, they did issue this TSB (image below). I'd suggest reading this blog, I think it explains the issue fairly well: http://www.speedsportlife.com/2011/0...big-of-a-deal/

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
      As long as you can find a dealer to install it... I know a lot of people were complaining about dealers that wouldn't install the parts, which means no warranty.
      I'll be installing them myself. Not worth paying someone extra to install a simple bolt-on item that is only going have a year warranty on it.
      Last edited by A_A_G; 04-17-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I was wanting to put a CAI, and axle back exhaust on my 2012 V-6. Just don't want any warranty issues.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon
          I was wanting to put a CAI, and axle back exhaust on 2012 V-6. Just don't want any warranty issues.

Scott
          Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
          I was wanting to put a CAI, and axle back exhaust on my 2012 V-6. Just don't want any warranty issues.

Scott
          You should probably only do it once.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
            You should probably only do it once.
            Damn iPhone !

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon
              I was wanting to put a CAI, and axle back exhaust on 2012 V-6. Just don't want any warranty issues.

Scott
              See post 13 and 16.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Guys don't forget, they can not void the entire car's warranty for any one particular mod. They have to be able to prove that what you did is a direct result of the damage you are trying to claim.

Example: you have a CAI and a tune but the radio stopped working. 99% unrelated and they have to fix it.
                I don't know when was the last time you took in a new car for service, but they (dealerships) won't warranty if the car comes in with Mods, especially anything to do with the CPU being fucked with.

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                I would pay good money (which I dont have) to hear how they got the 1% to stick on that one! lol
                Hes been in the sand box too long.

My car will remain stock untill 50k miles after that its on! I have a car to go fast, but once the warranty runs out, I'll be maxing out some credit cards...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                X