Warranty voided due to CAI, mufflers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty voided due to CAI, mufflers?

I hear Ford has gotten REAL strict on mods. What about a CAI, or axle back exhaust? I hear a tune is instant voided warranty...........

Not sure on the details but they will check for tunes.
    Buddy had his engine fail on a 2011 warranty did not cover
    they claimed he had an "Aftermarket" Tune.

Comment

Depending on your relationship with the Service Advisor/Mechanic and the department in general will play a large role. If you are a first time customer reporting a trashed motor it will be scrutinized. If you have brought the car in before for actual work that put money in the tech’s and advisor’s pocket some things can be overlooked. If you brought it in for rattles once a week and were a general pain in the ass; good luck.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

seems to be the norm these days with warranty coverage.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Only mod I currently have is the Roush axle back and they never seemed to care when my car was in ther for oil change/maintenance items...
          If you have a CAI that requires a tune, then yes, bye bye warranty... That's why I haven't really done anything else to my car yet.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
            I hear Ford has gotten REAL strict on mods. What about a CAI, or axle back exhaust? I hear a tune is instant voided warranty...........
            took my 2011 v6 in for cam nosie they put new cams in it car has JLT cold air and flowmaster axleback no issuse's

Comment

You pays your monies and you takes your chances.

Sometimes it's easier to just pay for it yourself should something happen.

Comment

Generally the mod has to be a direct cause of the problem at hand.

Thats were things get crazy. Who determines the cause. Some dumb ass fat service manager,(opps, venting a tad perhaps), that might know how to change oil on a modern car making the call is not the best situation. A Ford field engineer making the call is a lot different due to the amount of technical know how.

Tunes get tricky. You get someone that isnt real good at tuning and it hurts the motor due to timing/fuel issues, why should Ford have to pay for it? Today the 5.0 is so technical. Cam timing, fuel, ignition on a car with kinda high compression for 93 octane.

I personally have seen both sides of the warranty voiding issues. I kept from doing any major mods of my new '03 cobra for that exact reason.

Mufflers should not be any issue. If so your dealer sucks. CAI could cause issues depending on situation.
                Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Guys don't forget, they can not void the entire car's warranty for any one particular mod. They have to be able to prove that what you did is a direct result of the damage you are trying to claim.

Example: you have a CAI and a tune but the radio stopped working. 99% unrelated and they have to fix it.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Sounds like someone has taken advantage of the goodies that life has afforded and is hoping for the best...
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Example: you have a CAI and a tune but the radio stopped working. 99% unrelated and they have to fix it.

I would pay good money (which I dont have) to hear how they got the 1% to stick on that one! lol
                      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

I plan to go with Ford Racing parts when I get mine (intake,exhaust,suspension) just so I can avoid this potential headache.

Comment

Magnuson-Moss Act

Comment

I know Chevy is really strict on that stuff. A tune will void your warranty. The mufflers should not void it. I never had any issues with just mufflers. Do you still have the factory air box? I would just put it back on if you do.
                            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                              I plan to go with Ford Racing parts when I get mine (intake,exhaust,suspension) just so I can avoid this potential headache.
                              As long as you can find a dealer to install it... I know a lot of people were complaining about dealers that wouldn't install the parts, which means no warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X