• Show
Clear All

• Child molester laughs at judge... gets 576 year sentence

Child Molester Laughs At Judge, Gets 576 Years

Authorities Say Richard Heeringa Preyed On Young Girls For Years
    Alan Gathright, 7NEWS Content Producer

POSTED: 6:25 pm MDT April 12, 2012
    UPDATED: 8:35 pm MDT April 12, 2012

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. -- A serial child-sex offender laughed at a Douglas County judge, who then sentenced him to 576 years to life in prison on Thursday.

"If you’re laughing now, stay tuned," Judge Paul King told Richard Heeringa, 57. "You deserve every century that I’m going to give you."
    Heeringa declined to speak at his sentencing.

The judge rebuked Heeringa for fleeing Colorado in 2010 on the night before a jury found him guilty on 17 counts of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust and failure to register as a sex offender.

On the run for 18 months, Heeringa made the U.S. Marshals Service's 15 Most Wanted fugitive list. In October 2011, deputy marshals captured him in a Detroit basement apartment, where he was living under an assumed name. A resident recognized him from a picture on "America's Most Wanted."

"Heeringa is a predator who has a track record of preying on young girls," Geoff Shank, acting assistant director of the U.S. Marshals Service Investigative Operations Division, said at the time of the arrest.

Authorities said Heeringa would befriend divorced women in order to get to their daughters.

He spent 12 years in a Michigan prison for sexual assault.

Upon being released in 2004, Heeringa move to Colorado to resume a relationship with an ex-wife, and soon began molesting her daughter, said Douglas County district attorney spokeswoman Casimir Spencer.

Heeringa continued sexually assaulting the girl until September 2007, when he left the home, Spencer said.

The girl came forward to police several months later.

New coverage of Heeringa’s arrest drew the attention of other girls who'd been sexually assaulted by the man, Spencer said. They, too, came forward and testified about similar attacks by Heeringa.

"He started abusing me emotionally, sexually and mentally," the daughter of the ex-wife said during the sentencing hearing.

"This man took away my childhood, my innocence and for many years my will to live," the girl said. "I am a silent sufferer, but a strong survivor."

Veteran prosecutors said Herringa is one of the most coldly calculating predators they've ever faced.

“What sticks out most in my mind about this case is the degree of planning Heeringa used to plan, accomplish and try to get away with his crimes," Senior Deputy District Attorney Brian Sugioka said at the sentencing. "It’s more premeditation and forethought than I've ever seen in a murder case or any other type of case, all for the express purpose of molesting a child."

Deputy District Attorney Christopher Gallo agreed.

"I have sat in the same courtroom with assassins and murderers, but it is this man that has haunted my thoughts," Gallo said. "He has the insufferable gall to say that it is this court’s fault and the legislators' fault for railroading him as he thumbs his nose at the court and asks for leniency."

"There is no upper limit that the court can impose. Asking for the minimum would be farcical in comparison to what the defendant did. If this defendant is given the possibility to breathe free air, then I believe we have failed," the prosecutor concluded.

LMFAO!!! "You deserve every CENTURY that I'm going to give you." So awesome.

Comment

I hope he gets what's coming to him in prison.
      Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I hope they put him in the super-max in Florence, so his mind can rot away to nothing.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

he's about to become JOJO's personal play toy.

Comment

What do you know - a repeat offender. I thought the prison stretch cured these animals... oh wait - it NEVER does.

Comment

"I hate grape jelly"!!

Comment

just put the son of a bitch down. Hang him

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  just put the son of a bitch down. Hang him by his wanker
                  fixed

Comment

Yeah, but with good time, that's only like hundred and fifty years...

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                      I hope he gets what's coming to him in prison.
                      He will, even murderers and criminals hate child molesters.
                      .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                        He will, even murderers and criminals hate child molesters.
                        The bad thing is they seperate them now instead of letting justice get done by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                          The bad thing is they seperate them now instead of letting justice get done by someone else.
                          Even still, someone will find a way to make a hand puppet out of that sick fucker.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Great Judge, we need more like him!

Comment

Good for the judge!

Just to bad that he won't last in prison. Those guys hate people like him with a passion and they usually get what's coming to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X