2012-2013 Mustang owners - in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brembo loses spare tire

I am shopping for a new GT now, and the brochure explains that the Brembo brake package (or the Track/Brembo package) deletes the spare tire. Also, the Brembo package has only one wheel set that can be selected. So my guess is that the Brembo rotors or calipers won't clear the inside dimensions of the other rims. If this is correct, I'm also guessing the spare won't clear the Brembo rotors or calipers. So before ordering a $270 spare tire kit, it might be a good idea to check if a friend's compact spare will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Missing my GT View Post
      I am shopping for a new GT now, and the brochure explains that the Brembo brake package (or the Track/Brembo package) deletes the spare tire. Also, the Brembo package has only one wheel set that can be selected. So my guess is that the Brembo rotors or calipers won't clear the inside dimensions of the other rims. If this is correct, I'm also guessing the spare won't clear the Brembo rotors or calipers. So before ordering a $270 spare tire kit, it might be a good idea to check if a friend's compact spare will fit.
      If a front tire blows, move a good rear to the front, and put the spare on the rear.
      IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
        I finally actually own a Mustang - a 2012 V6 premium with the pony package.

I picked it up Saturday at Grapevine Ford, thanks Josh & Skip.

I went to toss my jumper cables in the trunk....when I looked in the spare tire well.....no spare, just this little compressor & what looks like sealant. Did your Mustangs have this?

My Lincoln LS was totaled by hail....I wonder if it's spare will fit the Mustang?
        lincoln ls is based off of a jaguar... differant bolt pattern
        Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        There is no spare tire on Brembo GTs, and it sounds from your post that they aren't putting one in the "mileage master" (2.73 geared) V6 Mustangs either. They get a 'tire mobility kit' which is a compressor and some tire slime that will ruin the TPMS of any wheel you put it in. You can get a spare from any Mustang in the junkyard.
        Bingo... no spare in the 2.73 sixer and the spare wont fit the brembo's.

Drag makes an 18" wheel that will clear the brembo's and it's pretty cheap. I think it's the dr31. Get that wheel and a 225/50/18 gdy eagle ls2 and it almost fits perfect in the spare tire area. It will fit on both the front and the rear of a brembo car. if you google it you should be able to pull up exact wheel info. There was a thread about it on s197forum a few months ago.
        sigpic
        07 vortech GT - Sold
        88 fox 5.0 lx hatch - Sold
        09 procharged GT - Sold
        14 5.0 M6 road racer - Sold
        96 GT project car - current

Comment

S197 doesn't like trolls.. Have to be a member to view post, ghey.

Comment

Working...
          X