New car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car

Looking for a small 4 door car. That gets at least 40 mpg. And under 20k new.. What is your suggestions and why.

Jetta TDI. Cheap, get stupid awesome mileage, and fairly indestructible outside of the occasional electrical gremlins that are fairly easy remedied.

99-04 cars probably have the most of the electrical issues, but are fine once sorted out.
    05-10(?) cars have fantastic interiors and are pretty enjoyable to drive
    The new models aren't as nice on the inside, but they're pretty cheap for brand new cars.

Comment

The new Focus are neat lil cars. They are not the cars they used to be. I was looking at one when I bought my GT and the Focus have come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        The new Focus are neat lil cars. They are not the cars they used to be. I was looking at one when I bought my GT and the Focus have come a long way.
        Agreed. Those are great little cars now.

Comment

Did you drive one? I had one as a loaner, they are slow, slow, slow!

Comment

do you want fast fast fast or good mileage? gotta trade off somewhere. the new Focus are awesome little cars though for sure!
            2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

I was looking at the focus for sure. Also looking at the Kia rio. I was looking at Kia 5 year 60k warranty. I drove one and runs pretty good. I wanna check insurance ratings on both. I do like the Chevy Cruz. But they are alittle more than I want to spend

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                No I didn't. But the one I saw on the showroom floor was a nicely optioned with lots of gadgets. I believe the salesman told me it had something like 260hp. Seems like it would be a lil peppy for that power.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                  do you want fast fast fast or good mileage? gotta trade off somewhere. the new Focus are awesome little cars though for sure!
                  I'd go with a Fuzion over a Focus any day (driven both as loaners). The Focus just seemed... well, like a Focus. Plus, the resale is gawd awfull on the Focus, not sure about a Fusion.

For an economy car, I'd go with a Toyota or Nissan probably, or maybe a VW.

Steve, what was the sticker on that one, probably close to 30K I imagine.

Comment

he wants a new car under 20K. Fusion is out. Kia is nothing but disposable junk and the resale on those is even worse. If you are buying anything korean/japanses, stick with Honda, Toyota, or Hyundai. Hyundai has definitely come a long way in quality, looks, and reliablilty.

I had a guy try to trade a 2010 Kia Optima Loaded with every single option. Less than 15k miles on it, he was almost 15K in the hole because resale value was so poor on it.
                    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

I'd go with a Fuzion over a Focus any day (driven both as loaners). The Focus just seemed... well, like a Focus. Plus, the resale is gawd awfull on the Focus, not sure about a Fusion.

For an economy car, I'd go with a Toyota or Nissan probably, or maybe a VW.

Steve, what was the sticker on that one, probably close to 30K I imagine.
                      26k, less with rebates and other plans.

Comment

My wife and I thought the exact same thing. Interior quality is way better and great mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                          Agreed. Those are great little cars now.
                          I really like mine. No complaints whatsoever.
                          It's no rocket ship, but mine has no problem merging into any traffic, and will even put the traction control to the test. Plus, I'll take the 160hp if I'm running close to 40mpg on the highway and 28~30 around town.
                          Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                          This. I wouldn't even consider a 2011 and prior. This one is a game changa!
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                            Looking for a small 4 door car. That gets at least 40 mpg. And under 20k new.. What is your suggestions and why.
                            All you ever do here is ask questions...disappear for a week and then come back with a completely different question lol
                            Ford Fiesta
                            Originally posted by Buzzo
                            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              All you ever do here is ask questions...disappear for a week and then come back with a completely different question lol
                              Ford Fiesta
                              Shut the fuck up kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X