A little excursion to Kennedale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little excursion to Kennedale

Went out there Fri night to see the promods. Pretty good show with a couple of them in the high threes.

Also saw a few quick stangs with N/T on the window.

First one I didn't get to see under the hood. Looked to be deep in the sixes.

Next one is a very quick street car that he drove in and out. Big turbo, font mount and an lsx n 'glide w/trans brake. He also had a trick co2 boost control setup he was dialing in.

The last one was a X275 car with a big turbo n nobars on the license plate. It had a nifty rear disc setup with twin dual piston calipers. It was quite qwick but I only saw it run solo so it was hard to tell. Looked to be on the high fours. Very trick!

Also saw what looked to be a low seven second rousch that laid down some nice numbers. He also put a beatin' and my friend's silver regal.

It was a good time fosho!
    Rich

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
    Next one is a very quick street car that he drove in and out. Big turbo, font mount and an lsx n 'glide w/trans brake. He also had a trick co2 boost control setup he was dialing in.

That car sure looks familiar...

Figure I'll start a thread for my turbo build now that I've officially started. Had some time this weekend to get going on it. Had to pull my cam out (changing cams) so that is why the timing/valve covers are off and I have the intake off to tap it for NPT fittings. Got my driver side pipe and merge pretty much done, still

Oh, and wrong forum.

Comment

Lol. I was just about to post the same.

Comment

that guy is a asshole...

Comment

Move it then, where will I post next time?
          Rich

Comment

Either Picture or Racing forum will do imo.

Comment

Sweet CRX, and that lsx coupe is slow.
              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                Sweet CRX, and that lsx coupe is slow.
                Aren't all El asses?

Just messing with you James...
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Move it then, where will I post next time?
                  The pic and vid post, or the racing bench. Your choice.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The car with NOBARS on the plate is my buddy Rick (kidcapri) it's not X275 legal but it's a very quick car. Him and BoostedGT (Chris) were testing for our trip to Wisconsin in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                      The car with NOBARS on the plate is my buddy Rick (kidcapri) it's not X275 legal but it's a very quick car. Him and BoostedGT (Chris) were testing for our trip to Wisconsin in a couple weeks.
                      They were out there the Friday before laying down some too. His wife sure wasn't happy. They did mention going up north. Are they going to GLD in "da grove"? Only track I would go to in WI. Some pretty nasty street cars show up there from Chicago. Great small town atmosphere like k-dale.
                      Rich

Comment

They were out there the Friday before laying down some too. His wife sure wasn't happy. They did mention going up north. Are they going to GLD in "da grove"? Only track I would go to in WI. Some pretty nasty street cars show up there from Chicago. Great small town atmosphere like k-dale.
                        I'm not sure the name of the track but I know we are going to Kenosha Wisconsin. This will be my 2nd time going and I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                          that guy is a asshole...
                          x2

Comment

just kidding james

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                              I'm not sure the name of the track but I know we are going to Kenosha Wisconsin. This will be my 2nd time going and I'm looking forward to it!
                              Gotta be Great Lakes Dragaway out on County K. Ask the locals about BONG Recreation Area. Good luck on your trip.
                              Rich

Comment

Working...
                              X