Sold this... to buy this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robray5.0 View Post
    Man, I haven't anything but good things about the auto tranny in the new 5.0s. They may not be as "fun" to drive as a manual, but heard Ford cheaped out with the manual on one made in china with a lot of problems. It's nothing that a good tune and stall won't fix. Congrats on the new ride!
    What you "heard" is incorrect. That was a small problem with very early 2011 cars and was resolved less than half way through the build year. The made in China thing has been blown way out of proportion by people who can't afford the car in the first place. A lot of things we have these days are built in China and last just fine. I have a manual in my 12 and its the best shifting manual I've ever owned being very smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      What you "heard" is incorrect. That was a small problem with very early 2011 cars and was resolved less than half way through the build year. The made in China thing has been blown way out of proportion by people who can't afford the car in the first place. A lot of things we have these days are built in China and last just fine. I have a manual in my 12 and its the best shifting manual I've ever owned being very smooth.
      Ok, maybe it's just hit or miss on some. I don't own one, but read about it on several threads from owners. Thnx for the info.

Comment

I sold my 600 h.p. 03 cobra for my 2011 5.0L A6 Its a 100% better car.

Comment

For sure the 2011-up mustang is light years ahead of a chassis that's been out since 1976.

Comment

I've had the "China Whine" in my manual 2012 since last October at MIR. It doesn't bother me, and doesn't seem to affect the operation at all. I'm betting that 90% of the people that get them never drive them hard enough to bring it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 034V View Post
              For sure the 2011-up mustang is light years ahead of a chassis that's been out since 1976.
              '78, just sayin.

Comment

SonicblueGT03 you work out at 24 Hour Fit in Keller? I could of swore I've seen your car a few times parked next to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                  '78, just sayin.
                  mont and zephyr were fox's too.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                    My buddies Mystichrome with upper pulley, full-bolt ons and a fully ported eaton did it on the dyno. We were all shocked, especially him. He thought it would only make 520.
                    Who cares? It'll still trap only 120 with heat soak and get drug by a turbo Honda on the highway.

Good upgrade to the GT OP, don't put a heatsoaker on it. Call Brooks.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                      I've had the "China Whine" in my manual 2012 since last October at MIR. It doesn't bother me, and doesn't seem to affect the operation at all. I'm betting that 90% of the people that get them never drive them hard enough to bring it out.
                      Your car is perdy... sits real nice on the wheels in your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by 034V View Post
                        mont and zephyr were fox's too.
                        Yep, they were introduced in '78. Either way, your point still stands. It was an old chassis design.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                          LOL, I haven't even turned off the traction control yet let alone drive it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                            SonicblueGT03 you work out at 24 Hour Fit in Keller? I could of swore I've seen your car a few times parked next to mine.
                            Not me, haven't worked out in years. There are quite a few Kona blue cars in town though. Not many with my wheels or exhaust sound though!

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                              Your car is perdy... sits real nice on the wheels in your sig.
                              Those are Photoshop springs! LOL! In reality, she sits a bit higher (Eibach Pro Kit). Thinking about coil overs now though, as I really like how it looks down low like that, and still have the ability to raise her up at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                                LOL, I haven't even turned off the traction control yet let alone drive it hard.
                                LOL! Me neither -

Comment

Working...
                                X