Military aviation experts inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post

Md80s are nice. They may be old as snot but they will get you where you need to go alive!
    I will hold you to that. If I die I will get you facker!!

We always bet the first round on the year they were built. 87 or 88 win a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangfreak View Post
      Negative, the B-1B is stationed only at Dyess AFB and Ellsworth AFB.

Whiteman has the B-2 and trainers I believe.
      Positive...

At that time, the B's in Texas were moved to Whiteman.. Not sure where they are now, but they were there.
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
        Positive...

At that time, the B's in Texas were moved to Whiteman.. Not sure where they are now, but they were there.
        Per Wiki: Dyess and Ellsworth are the current bases (and no mention of whiteman)

I can guarantee they are still at Dyess - I'll drive by and snap a pic if you like.

Comment

I miss the sound of the F-14 Tomcats. Living near the old Dallas Naval Airstation when I was a kid was a blast to watch them land and takeoff. My favorite bomber is the B-52.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            I just got back from the Tucson, Az air show today. One of the planes that did a few flybys was a large dark colored plane with I think 4 engines of which had afterburners. I thought they plane looked badass and would like to see some pictures.

I also got to see a stealth bomber do a few flybys and also saw a f22 static display. Way cool!
            If I remember correctly I think the B-1's go to tuscon to get upgrades. I might be wrong with that, but thats what I thought the guide said while I was taking a tour of the boneyard.
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

In soviet russia, plane fly YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                Per Wiki: Dyess and Ellsworth are the current bases (and no mention of whiteman)

I can guarantee they are still at Dyess - I'll drive by and snap a pic if you like.
                You can get on google earth and see about 20 of them sitting out

Comment

I bet you both we can find them at all three bases

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    I bet you both we can find them at all three bases
                    Active or on static display?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      Active or on static display?
                      You're a picky one today

Comment

Positive...

Source?

The Bone has been at Dyess and Ellsworth as far back as I can remember. They used to be at Warner-Robbins or Dobbins AFB (one of those bases in GA) also, but that unit got BRAC'd.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                          Source?

The Bone has been at Dyess and Ellsworth as far back as I can remember. They used to be at Warner-Robbins or Dobbins AFB (one of those bases in GA) also, but that unit got BRAC'd.
                          Robins

Comment

Positive...

Nope. I just left Dyess 3 months ago, they still had B-1B's and there was no news about a move to Whiteman. They have been there since 1986.
                            2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                            www.militarystangs.com

Comment

I scewed the pooch on that one!!! The 13th WAS flying the "bone" in Texas when they were deactivated in early 05'.. They (13th )reactivated in the fall of 05' at Whiteman flying the B-2. Thats why the Bone was there , I guess, as a link to their past.
                              If you notice the "Chadwick" nose art on the Bone, that was started by the CO of the 3rd Attack, Jock Henebry, whose A-20 was maintained by the 13th during WW2.. It was carried on in the Korean War and resurrected by the CO at Dyess.
                              Bill
                              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Didn't see this posted yet, should be interesting to see the shape that they are in.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...#ixzz1sV5dgQ6f
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                i know i am are a fucking idiot.i know i should have pulled out of my mommas ass to make a shit fuck like me.bitch
                                Originally Posted By: Polska
                                I don't believe in shotting any animal past 150 or 200 yards, until their is better technology in 10 or 20 years and we have laser like the predators.

Comment

Working...
                                X