Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
    If more than 26,600lbs than yes

Easiest way to do it, is go to the DMV and ask for a study guide. read it and take the written test. When you pass the written you'll need to take an actual driving test so have your Duece or what ever you'd like to use to take the test in PERFECT working order. If you don't think your truck will pass a DOT inspection you can always rent one ( I suggest one with an automatic transmission and a 25' trailer )

If you do end up having to get one, say goodbye to fighting tickets and a legal BAC of 0.079%

Yup. Oh, and if you do an illegal lane change, or get a ticket for 15+ mph over the speed limit say goodbye to your license. its fucking ridiculous. I'm not going to renew my CDL when my license expires.
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
      Yup. Oh, and if you do an illegal lane change, or get a ticket for 15+ mph over the speed limit say goodbye to your license. its fucking ridiculous. I'm not going to renew my CDL when my license expires.
      Now is that only in a CMV or anytime? ive had mine for 5 years now and still cant get a clear answer on that. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
        Now is that only in a CMV or anytime? ive had mine for 5 years now and still cant get a clear answer on that. lol
        IIRC its anytime, even in your personal vehicle, which is why CDLs are a royal pain.

Comment

Hit me up Ill drive it for you
          < has a class A CDL

Comment

Yeah the whole you're screwed when you get a ticket in whatever vehicle you're in does chap me a little.

Comment

I drove otr for 10 yrs back win they started the whole CDL thing, I thought it was a croc of shit back then. been out of it for a while but it sounds like its gotten a lot worse with all the restictions since the 911 scares now you have to have a background check for a hazardous endorsement. i just had to take a written test for my hazmat endorsement, went back to renew and found this out and just decided to let the hazmat go but kept all the others.

Comment

David, did they ever find your Dodge?

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                  IIRC its anytime, even in your personal vehicle, which is why CDLs are a royal pain.
                  Yeah, there was a guy on the Canadian board that got a ticket in his corvette, or his brother's corvette maybe, and was complaining about it.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by longshot View Post
                    I drove otr for 10 yrs back win they started the whole CDL thing, I thought it was a croc of shit back then. been out of it for a while but it sounds like its gotten a lot worse with all the restictions since the 911 scares now you have to have a background check for a hazardous endorsement. i just had to take a written test for my hazmat endorsement, went back to renew and found this out and just decided to let the hazmat go but kept all the others.
                    Same thing i did, renewed the CDL+ endorsements except haz mat. Fkn $95 for the fingerprints is ridiculous.
                    My neighbor(shop supervisor at a large trk company) tells me that vehicle violations such as brakes out of adjustment also go against drivers lic.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      David, did they ever find your Dodge?
                      No

Comment

Hmmmm....I was thinking about getting mine for a backup. I know it is a pita.

How many questions is the standard written test these days?

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                          i got a 15 over in a school zone with a cdl... i still have my license. School was out for a holiday but still got stabbed.

Some traffic lawyers can get you on deffered on some tickets. Its def harder and more of a pain in the ass with a CDL.

THe best way to take the test is just go take it see what its about then study. When I took mine you could take the written(computer) test as many times as you want. Now I believe you pay and only get 3 chances before they charge you again.

The test is pretty damn easy, its like every other DMV test. What you think is common sense for an answer the dmv thinks different

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            Yeah the whole you're screwed when you get a ticket in whatever vehicle you're in does chap me a little.
                            Your not if you hire a good defense lawyer. someone saying you did something doesn't mean you actually did it.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                              Your not if you hire a good defense lawyer. someone saying you did something doesn't mean you actually did it.
                              I get that, but what Im getting at is being in your personal vehicle still goes against a CDL if I need/do get one.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                                I get that, but what Im getting at is being in your personal vehicle still goes against a CDL if I need/do get one.
                                being in your personal vehicle still goes against your CDL. You are only allowed 3 points in a believe a 3 year time frame.

Some traffic attorneys charge double for CDL tickets. I ended up just paying my school zone ticket as it was only 202$ and every person I called that handled ellis county wanted to charge double if not tripple for me being a CDL driver. That was before I told them It was a school zone ticket in my personal car.

Comment

Working...
                                X