The Magic School Bus gets cleaned up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magic School Bus gets cleaned up

It's never too early to teach your kids about the dangers of diesel engines!

Cover of the book The Magic School Bus Gets Cleaned Up
    Publication Number: EPA420-K-07-001
    "The Magic School Bus Gets Cleaned Up"

EPA, in collaboration with Scholastic, has created a new book in the popular "Magic School Bus" series for children. In these acclaimed educational books and videos, Ms. Frizzle takes her class on science-oriented field trips, riding their magical school bus.

In "The Magic School Bus Gets Cleaned Up," the children and Ms. Frizzle explore the pollution emitted from their own diesel school bus and learn how to reduce emissions as they travel through the diesel engine. The children learn about idle reduction and other ways to reduce health risks from diesel exhaust. At the end of the book, the "Magic School Bus" gets its own pollution control device, a diesel particulate-matter filter

Last edited by Strychnine; 04-13-2012, 10:06 PM.

Does it mention where the school bus can only carry half of the kids due to reduced power?

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Or the fact that it burns more fuel now
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Or why the kids haven't aged and have a stoner as a teacher??
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

GD propaganda machine... *mumble, mumble*...

Comment

The increased emissions controls haven't heard CMI's business at all. Parts failures lead to massive increase in business and the distributor locations pick up a ton of warranty business. Even the new ISX's were having increased issues like head gasket failures around 125k miles.

The used big truck market is huge here because customers would rather buy an old truck and rebuild it with a minty N14 than risk the headaches of the ISX.

Comment

You've got to be kidding me....

Comment

How about it being in the shop for months at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  How about it being in the shop for months at a time?

We had a customer's bus from Summit County that was sitting in our shop for over a year with no resolution. Diesels programmed for sea level run like shit up here, it was face plugging the DPF within a few hundred miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

We had a customer's bus from Summit County that was sitting in our shop for over a year with no resolution. Diesels programmed for sea level run like shit up here, it was face plugging the DPF within a few hundred miles.
                    Transit busses are a whole different ballgame though. Highly cyclical operation does not lend itself well to passive or active regeneration. The turbo should negate some of the effects of thinner air.
                    I've been fighting this for 4+ years in O&G apps that require on-highway engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      Transit busses are a whole different ballgame though. Highly cyclical operation does not lend itself well to passive or active regeneration. The turbo should negate some of the effects of thinner air.
                      I've been fighting this for 4+ years in O&G apps that require on-highway engines.
                      This particular bus literally melted the valves - the seats were fine. It melted the stems about 40mm up from the face of the valve. It looked like someone cut the damn things with a torch. Something fudged up in the regen causing constant fueling.

The dpf face plugging is a constant issue up here as well. Turbo does negate some effects of altitude, but the fueling is never adjusted. We requested new calibrations but mother said no.

Comment

I would prefer to read: The Magic School Bus gets a Banks Power Pack.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
                        .223 > 911

Comment

Because we all know that propane is the future....

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            Or why the kids haven't aged and have a stoner as a teacher??

Comment

I know the railroad is having hell with all the international trucks they bought for the maintenance department. After so many miles those things automatically self regen and while they do it you can't do a damn thing with it. You can't drive it, run the pto, or use the crain. I've personally seen one take an hour to regen. Plus they had one catch fire while it was regening and burnt to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X