Is there a way.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    Don't settle, get exactley what you want. I hate, hate, hate the fucken Stang I have now, but it was one of those "good deals" and was close enough to what I wanted, so I settled. Wish I didn't now, but oh well, live and learn.

And no, it's not because it's a 2010 model and has less HP, I really don't need the extra get up and go just going to work and back, it's black (hate that), and squeaks/rattles like a MoFo! It's noisier than my old Fox body Stangs! And SYNC, don't even get me started on what a POS that is...
    I get what you're saying, but this will not be my daily driver. I fully intend on back seat delete, racing seats, roll cage, suspension, exhaust, and MGW shifter to hold me off until the warranty is gone.

I have now found two cars in colors I like with no Brembos and no 3.73's. They're priced $3k cheaper than what the stripper Brembos with 3.73's have gone for at their lowest. Ford racing direct has the Brembo kits at $1339, 3.73 gears for $195, and the install kit for $40. I could even bump up to the carbon fiber clutch discs for $128.95 and throw in the finned rear axle cover for $159 and still come out cheaper. Whiteboy says he'll beat any price on Ford Racing parts, so I might even be able to swing the MGW shifter and still be under the mark!

Fuck SYNC! Don't need it. It would only add unnecessary weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
      I've already found a local distributor for a 55 gal drum of e-85.

I've found two cars with none of the options I want and only one in a color I'll be okay with at good prices, really good prices. Not sure if I should hold out for the one or cut my losses and settle. The difference in cost is near exact on the brembo & 3.73 options.

I've heard the 3.73 cars aren't getting around the track as fast as the 3.31 cars and the Brembos are only slightly better on the track.
      I wouldn't even worry about the Brembo's and 3.73's. The stock brakes stop just as well as the Brembos. You only "need" those if you are going to track the car hard and then the only difference is the fade.

I drove both the 3.73 and 3.31's, there is also minimal difference between the two. If you get a 3.31 car, you can always swap the gears later and not pay interest on them. My 3.31 car definetely gets better mileage than my buddy's 3.73 car. I've gotten nearly 30mpg on the highway on one trip and the best he has recorded is 24mpg.

I like the 3.31's a lot now that I have driven it more. There is still tons of pick up in the turns and on ramps and with the Roush blower it's going to fuckin rock!

I've owned over a dozen Mustangs now and this is by my favorite one so far. Even more than my blown 93 Cobra.

Comment

Working...
      X