Is there a way.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way.....

...to find a new car by VIN without getting another salesman involved?

Any help is appreciated.

If it is a dealership website a lot of them have the VIN number in the details of the car...

Comment

Back on the '12 5.0 train, or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
        Back on the '12 5.0 train, or something else?
        Yeah. I thought about putting all the stuff from a wrecked '11 or '12 into a fox, but I'm over the whole fox body thing and really like the '11 or '12.

A local dealership has found one for me, but he doesn't seem to understand why I refuse to pay MSRP. I know the state this car is in, but don't know the exact dealership. If I can find that out, then I'll deal with them directly and go get it. Provided they understand what "right car right price" means.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
          Yeah. I thought about putting all the stuff from a wrecked '11 or '12 into a fox, but I'm over the whole fox body thing and really like the '11 or '12.

A local dealership has found one for me, but he doesn't seem to understand why I refuse to pay MSRP. I know the state this car is in, but don't know the exact dealership. If I can find that out, then I'll deal with them directly and go get it. Provided they understand what "right car right price" means.
          Grapevine Ford?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Grapevine Ford?
            No

Comment

Have you tried using Ford Direct's vehicle locator? http://www.inventory.ford.com/2012-F...archDealerLot/

They also have a phone # 800-383-8357

Comment

No
                you're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                  you're an idiot.
                  Care to expound?

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                    you're an idiot.
                    Shopping for the best deal does not make him an idiot. He has a family he is responsible for so he has to get the most for his dollar possible. You are only responsible for yourself so you wouldnt get that.

There is alot of deals out there right now but pickins are slim if you are lookin for specific options like Robert is so he has to go where the car with the best deal is. Grapevine usually has great deals but times like now where everyone is selling off cars to make room for 13s they arent always the best deal. I know from experience i got my 12 for 4k cheaper than grapevine offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
                      Have you tried using Ford Direct's vehicle locator? http://www.inventory.ford.com/2012-F...archDealerLot/

They also have a phone # 800-383-8357
                      Trying the phone number now.

It goes to Bankston Ford.

yay... another salesman. Maybe he'll understand what I'm trying to do and not dick me around or get another car out from under me.

Comment

Trying the phone number now.

It goes to Bankston Ford.

yay... another salesman. Maybe he'll understand what I'm trying to do and not dick me around or get another car out from under me.
                        What I was insinuating was that Grapevine Ford won't dick you around, and if you have the VIN, they can locate and acquire the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                          What I was insinuating was that Grapevine Ford won't dick you around, and if you have the VIN, they can locate and acquire the car.

I've talked with Josh through PM's, phone calls, and in person. I don't feel like he ever took me seriously.

I will say that I'm glad he took 11 days to respond to me when I was ready to put the deposit down on a '13, though. Had he called me back the next day as promised, I would have ordered it on our way to Vegas and wound up with a car that no longer had oil squirters. I wouldn't have known it didn't have oil squirters until I received it.

Comment

I've talked with Josh through PM's, phone calls, and in person. I don't feel like he ever took me seriously.

I will say that I'm glad he took 11 days to respond to me when I was ready to put the deposit down on a '13, though. Had he called me back the next day as promised, I would have ordered it on our way to Vegas and wound up with a car that no longer had oil squirters. I wouldn't have known it didn't have oil squirters until I received it.
                            But i know you are going to miss not having those nifty pony puddle lamps. Lol!

Im right there with you. I was in the process of getting a 13 and then found out about the changes. So i quickly located a 12 for a smokin price and havent regretted it since. You wont either.

Comment

Care to expound?

He's just upset he can't afford the air filter on a 12 GT.

Comment

Working...
                              X