Are you f#%*ing kidding me ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    I'm not seeing it. What's the issue here?
    Looks like the hazing that kind of looks like a reflection.

Im betting hes wiping it down with something pretty aggressive before he clears it or whatever he does with it....

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      I'm not seeing it. What's the issue here?
      It's smearing. Look at the pics before the clear coat went on.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Do you have any more pictures of it? You would think if its going to run like it did, its going to run further in areas of heavier application. Everything is running down, not really smearing. you would think it would have a pretty heavy "shadow" there in the top point coming to the left since there is a good deal of maroon paint there in that point. It almost looks like someone attempted to "shadow" the maroon with something. I would be asking what kind of clear he is spraying and what process he is going through. Go get a sample of his clear, Lay some maroon stripe on something with the same base, then clear over it properly and see what happens.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Do you have any more pictures of it? You would think if its going to run like it did, its going to run further in areas of heavier application. Everything is running down, not really smearing. you would think it would have a pretty heavy "shadow" there in the top point coming to the left since there is a good deal of maroon paint there in that point. It almost looks like someone attempted to "shadow" the maroon with something. I would be asking what kind of clear he is spraying and what process he is going through. Go get a sample of his clear, Lay some maroon stripe on something with the same base, then clear over it properly and see what happens.
          That's the only picture he sent me.

That's the next plan. I'm going to do a test panel with the same colors and then clear it and see what it does.

The guy said he uses PPG Shop-line.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
            That's the only picture he sent me.

That's the next plan. I'm going to do a test panel with the same colors and then clear it and see what it does.

The guy said he uses PPG Shop-line.

-Aaron
            it has to be the solvent he is preping it with. Paint bleed in clear is generally not effected by gravity, it would bleed 360 degrees.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Its definitely tough to get an idea of what happened without seeing the tins in person! I'd definitely wait until you do a test, if not multiple tests to make sure its not something with your paint, or an incompatibility of materials.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                it has to be the solvent he is preping it with. Paint bleed in clear is generally not effected by gravity, it would bleed 360 degrees.
                You're right. And also, it would seem to me that it would be worse in the areas where the stripe is thicker and has more paint, but looking at the picture, at the left end of the tank, it looks like it tapers off and the bleed isn't as bad.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                Its definitely tough to get an idea of what happened without seeing the tins in person! I'd definitely wait until you do a test, if not multiple tests to make sure its not something with your paint, or an incompatibility of materials.
                The dude said he was going to have to wait about 2 weeks before he could re-do it, so I have plenty of time to do some testing.

I should also note, that when he picked all this stuff up, he stood there and looked at it for a while and it almost seemed like he had to convince himself that he liked it. His body language and facial expressions were telling me that he didn't really like it, but he was saying he liked it. I'm almost wondering if he fucked it up on purpose because he didn't like it.

After I do some test panels, if it looks like it was something he did, I'm just going to tell him I'm done. I'm not going to keep re-doing this shit because he's not competent enough to do it right the first, second, or third times and because he can't be fucking straight with me. When you give something to someone and tell them, "just do your thing", you better be fucking happy with what you get back.

-Aaron

Comment

wonder if its the temp in his garage or whatever keeping the clear from hardening fast enough, and thats in turn letting the chemicals in it eat into your paint work? Im no painter but just a thought. it is a cold bitch outside right now.

nice touch on the X2 in the signature btw
                  -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
                    wonder if its the temp in his garage or whatever keeping the clear from hardening fast enough, and thats in turn letting the chemicals in it eat into your paint work? Im no painter but just a thought. it is a cold bitch outside right now.

nice touch on the X2 in the signature btw
                    He said it was done in a paint booth this time, but with all the other shit he's lied to me about, who fucking knows !

Haha, thanks ! I'm going to put x3 on this mother fucker if I end up re-doing it !!

-Aaron

Comment

You should offer to clear it for him (assuming you have the facilities) for an extra fee.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        You should offer to clear it for him (assuming you have the facilities) for an extra fee.
                        I work at a body shop. I could probably figure something out.

-Aaron

Comment

Working...
                        X