Are you f#%*ing kidding me ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
    Hell, who am I kidding, I'm gonna stripe that shit and get some more money out of the guy. If I go painting a bunch of dicks on it, I damn sure won't get anything out of the deal. And my current job doesn't pay THAT much that I can just go turning down a couple hundred dollars, cash money.

The devious, asshole in me says to stripe it without hardener, that way he thinks everything is ok and pays me, and when he does clear it, the shit really will "jus fall off" !

But the nice guy in me says to just stripe it like I normally would, with hardener, and after he pays me tell him what I think is going on and tell him that I don't appreciate it and won't be doing business with him any more.

That, or I could just stripe the stuff that i have right now for the guy, but next time tell him about 4 times as much as I charged him the first time !!

-Aaron
    As much fun as the others would be, I would go with the last one. Soak him for all he's worth.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      Hard to turn you back on a potential cash cow...
      Originally posted by Hay Burner View Post
      As much fun as the others would be, I would go with the last one. Soak him for all he's worth.
      That's what the business man in me says to do ! LOL !

Originally posted by CRASH
      The guy that tried to tell me his buddy "Marco" did the striping was saying that the tank and fender was going to be black, so I'm wondering if whenever he gets the tank and fender back from Uruguay guy he is going to strip them BACK down and shoot them black. LMAO ! That would be GREAT ! Getting paid to stripe the same fucking bike 3 times in less than a month !! Bwahahahaha !! Oh God Damn I hope that's what happens !!!
      ^^^^^^^^

I'm really hoping this is what happens !! I'll be LMAO all the way to the bank at these stupid sons of bitches !!!

I just finished painting two kids guitars and a little car for a small child. I've got a couple more Christmas jobs to finish and then I can get back on the other projects I've got that need to be finished !! KC's fender, DJ's tank, and Mexico Joe/U-R-GAY guy's shit are all on the waiting list.

-Aaron

Comment

one of these days when i get this other tool box redone, I want you to stripe it before it is cleared. What kind of money will i be looking at to strip a top and bottom double bay snapon box?

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
          one of these days when i get this other tool box redone, I want you to stripe it before it is cleared. What kind of money will i be looking at to strip a top and bottom double bay snapon box?
          I'll send ya a PM.

-Aaron

Comment

Subscribing cause I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Comment

I think you are doing 2 different jobs. Cause when you offered to go over there, he said no. That he would come to you. That right there made no sense. Sounds like he didn't want you to see the other bike.

Comment

Is there any serial number marking on these parts? When doing work like this a good practice would be to document everything. That way when you're in business you have traceability.

Comment

I would just do the job, get the money in hand and ask him what's up. Ask him why he lied about the other bike and tell him that you'll stripe his shit but you don't want other people taking credit for it. If he does it again I would cut ties. Also tell him that this is the only time he will EVER get a price break on a "re-stripe" because you can't trust him.

Comment

Crash, where you at on this bogus deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                      Subscribing cause I'm curious to see how it plays out.
                      Oh I'll definitely keep this updated. I'm planning on striping it Sunday when we get back from OKC.

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                      I think you are doing 2 different jobs. Cause when you offered to go over there, he said no. That he would come to you. That right there made no sense. Sounds like he didn't want you to see the other bike.
                      This is a custom tank. It's been cut on and welded on, and it's obvious that this guy (Uruguay guy) doesn't do good enough work to do the same exact work on two different tanks.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Is there any serial number marking on these parts? When doing work like this a good practice would be to document everything. That way when you're in business you have traceability.
                      I doubt it. It's just a gas tank that has had some work done on it. I don't think the older stuff like this tank had any kind of identifying part numbers, etc. And I've never had a situation like this so I've never worried about it. I do, however, photograph EVERYTHING I stripe.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      I would just do the job, get the money in hand and ask him what's up. Ask him why he lied about the other bike and tell him that you'll stripe his shit but you don't want other people taking credit for it. If he does it again I would cut ties. Also tell him that this is the only time he will EVER get a price break on a "re-stripe" because you can't trust him.
                      That's a good idea. I'm going to stripe the shit I currenty have and call Uruguay guy and tell him it's ready. AS SOON as it's picked up and I have the money in my pocket I'm going to let him go on his way and call the other guy. See what happens with that dude and go from there.

I'm telling you, if he gets the tank and fender from Uruguay guy and re-shoots it black and has me RE-STRIPE it, I'm going to fucking DIE LAUGHING when I'm done, money in hand, and tell this stupid mother fucker that I'm the one that painted his shit, 3 times !!

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        Crash, where you at on this bogus deal?
                        No updates as of yet, Barry. I've been painting Christmas gifts the last 2 nights in a row. I'll definitely keep you guys posted ! LOL ! I'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens with this deal !!

-Aaron

Comment

Hahaha ! Here we go !!

I got the tank, fender and air cleaner cover painted last night, and I set it up for the U-R-Gay guy to meet me at the Sonic GTG Thursday night.

Soon as that dude leaves I'm calling the Mexican dude to see what I can get set up with him.

Whoever shows up to the GTG may see some drama go down if this dude tries to act crazy.

-Aaron

Comment

Wow, it just gets better and better !!

So here is the tank after I re-did it. He said it did this on both sides of the tank, and the rear fender. And that it was only the maroon stripe that did it.

I don't know what the hell is the deal here. I don't know if it's the can of paint I have, or if it's something he's doing when he's clearing it. I don't know what kind of clear he's using, or how he's spraying it. It just seems really strange that of all of the stuff I've striped over the years, that I've NEVER had this problem.

-Aaron

Comment

Oh yeah, this is what it looked like after I re-did it.

Notice I put the CRASH x2.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                                Wow, it just gets better and better !!

So here is the tank after I re-did it. He said it did this on both sides of the tank, and the rear fender. And that it was only the maroon stripe that did it.

I don't know what the hell is the deal here. I don't know if it's the can of paint I have, or if it's something he's doing when he's clearing it. I don't know what kind of clear he's using, or how he's spraying it. It just seems really strange that of all of the stuff I've striped over the years, that I've NEVER had this problem.

-Aaron
                                I'm not seeing it. What's the issue here?

Comment

Working...
                                X