Are you f#%*ing kidding me ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you f#%*ing kidding me ?!?

Warning, this is going to be a long one !

So I did this pinstriping job for a guy a couple weeks ago on Sunday. He is building this bike for someone else. I went to his house in Lewisville to do the job. He tells me he is going to clear over it, so I put hardener in the striping paint. I was there probably 6-7 hours because I ended up painting the tank, rear fender, frame, and swing arm....all in three colors. I did metallic brass, maroon, then black, all in that order. By the time I got done with the job, the brass was completely dry. He had painted this goofy, fleor de lis-looking thing on the sides of the tank, which was turquoise with white panels on the sides. He wanted me to outline the symbol/emblem thing with the brass, separate the two colors with a brass line, and the do some maroon and black striping around the emblem, on the sides of the tank.

I told him to wait a MINIMUM of 2 days, might as well make it 3, before he cleared it.

Well then I get a call the following Friday saying that he waited 5 days and when he cleared it "de paint jus fall off". He's from Uraguay, so he speaks broken English. I'm like, WTF ?!?, what do you mean it fell off ?! He said when he cleared it, in his shed in the backyard, mind you, that the red just ran down the sides, and then when he tried to sand it, it wouldn't come off. So he tells me that he took it all back down to the metal, and re-did it, this time without the emblem on the sides of the tank. Hmmmmmm. I was thinking I was at fault because of something that happened with the paint, so I offered to drive out to his house and pick it up. He says, "no no no no no, das ok, I jus bring it to you." Hmmmmmm, red flag number two.

Then he brings it to me. When we're standing in my paint room at the house, I apologize and he says, "oh, is ok, is always someting go wrong." I said what do you mean ? He says, "oh you know, always, on every job, is someting go wrong." That got me to thinking. I've NEVER had a problem like he was describing, and I've been striping for 8-9 years. All of the stuff he was telling me wasn't adding up for it to be my fault. He said he "forgot" to take pictures. I don't know about any of you, but if that happened to me, I'd be taking some pictures to show the guy that did the striping !

So he leaves it with me to re-do it and I told him it wasn't going to be free because I didn't have any idea what he did when he cleared it and he was fine with that.

Fast forward to today. He sends me a text asking how it's coming. I told him I had been busy, and had car troubles that I had to get fixed, so I hadn't had a chance to work on it. He says that he will just come pick it up after I get off work because the guy wants it together by Christmas. I said "ok, I'll call you when I get home." A little while later he sends me a text and said that he talked to the guy and he said to go ahead and do it. Ok.

This is where it gets fucked up.

I had this Mexican guy call me today saying he builds a couple bikes a month and his pinstriper went back to Mexico so he needs to find someone to do his striping now. Ok cool, I can do that. He says, "I like simple stuff, not real big and flashy." Ok, I can do simple. Then he says he can send me some pictures of some of the stuff that his guy had done for him (the one that "went back to Mexico).

THIS MOTHERFUCKER SENDS ME TWO PICTURES OF THE BIKE THAT I JUST PAINTED THAT THE PAINT "FELL OFF OF" !!!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?!?!

I had to look at the pictures and the phone number for a second for it to sink in !! So I called the guy back and I'm like, "yeah man, that's some GOOD WORK, who did you say did it ?" He then says, "oh, uh, his name was Marco. Yeah, yeah, he go back to Mexico."

I couldn't fucking believe this guy, so I just told him I was busy at work and that I would call him back. Meanwhile, I have what is obviously his tank, fender, and air cleaner at my house to re-stripe.

So what should I do ?! I know some of you devious fuckers on here can come up with something good. I am going to stripe it tonight, then call the other guy and tell him it's done. After he picks it up, and pays me again, I'm going to call the other guy and tell him I'm ready to paint his stuff. Haha !

-Aaron

Wow. Something is up. You sure its the same tank? Why would the idiot lie about who did the artwork?

Comment

So, the Uruguay guy was pawning your work off as his to the mexican guy?
      Did i read that right? When you read the number, it wasn't the guy you've been dealing with, right?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        Did i read that right? When you read the number, it wasn't the guy you've been dealing with, right?
        Yeah, maybe the Uruguay guy got fired for shitty work when he fucked up the clear coat.

Comment

aka hard luck

Comment

Well, it was clearly your fault. So re do it.

j/k

Comment

That is pretty fucked up. I'm sure u can come up with something to do
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Fuck the fender up, screw him.

Comment

Paint "FUCK YOU" on all his stuff?

Comment

if you're right handed pin stripe it with your left hand, and vice versa.

or make an elaborate pinstriped dick.
                    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

It all makes sense now

Comment

So you painted one bike already and he is having you paint another for a discount. I mean since how you "screwed" up the other one.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Can you hide some kind of ghost like words in the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            Wow. Something is up. You sure its the same tank? Why would the idiot lie about who did the artwork?
                            I'll let you judge for yourself. Here is the two pictures he sent me. You can even see my signature !!!!

And here are the pictures that I took with MY camera phone because I forgot the digital camera at home. Damn, looks familiar ! Also pictured is the frame down tubes, swing arm, and goofy tank.

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            I'm not really sure what the deal is, or what to think. The number that the text message came from is NOT the same number for the guy from Uruguay that I had been dealing with, and I had already talked to the guy on the phone, so I knew it wasn't the same guy.

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            Yeah, maybe the Uruguay guy got fired for shitty work when he fucked up the clear coat.
                            I think what actually happened was the Uruguay guy showed the owner the tank and he didn't like the goofy design on the sides of the tank and he told him to re-do it, and he tried to lie to me to cover up his fuck up and hope that I would assume it was my fault and that I would re-do it for free.

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            aka hard luck
                            Haha, fucking tell me about it !!

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                            Well, it was clearly your fault. So re do it.

j/k
                            Haha, I will.......but not for free !!!

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                            That is pretty fucked up. I'm sure u can come up with something to do
                            I thought it was REAL fucked up.

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                            Fuck the fender up, screw him.
                            I'm not that kind of guy......I'm the kind of guy that's going to get as much money as I can out of the guy and then drop it on him that I knew he was full of shit.

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                            Paint "FUCK YOU" on all his stuff?
                            Don't tempt me !! LOL !

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                            if you're right handed pin stripe it with your left hand, and vice versa.

or make an elaborate pinstriped dick.
                            I just might do the inconspicuous penis design.

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                            So you painted one bike already and he is having you paint another for a discount. I mean since how you "screwed" up the other one.
                            No, I painted the bike pictured above, and am going to re-stripe the SAME bike, for a lesser price, but I won't be doing the frame, so it really works out better for me.

-Aaron

Comment

I think you have a totally different set of shit to repaint and the shit you painted is in someone else's hands. Ask if you can go look at the other paint job. I will go with you if it sounds sketchy.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X