Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i just found a live bug in my sunflower seeds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first world problems?

I'd let them know. They'll probably send you coupons for more sunflower seeds.
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post

the closeup pics of the bug were blurry, but it was one of these

He's one of them that feeds on sunflowers . Probly made it through the machine somehow. I say let him go . Hes just a poor bug nobody loves him spare him his life

Comment

should i call up fritolay and say something? before anyone says it, no i will not sue. i know accidents happen and who gives a fuck about a bug, i have eaten worse! for now i plan to fold up the seeds/bug/wrapper and i might send it to them if they want it or just toss it.

what would you do?

(pics are currently uploading)
        Call the Consumer number on the bag and they will take care of it. The codes on the bag will tell them when the product was made and what plant it came from...
        04 GT
        91 LX

Comment

Damn! Luckily you dumped that bag out! If that were me I probably would've eaten it on accident lol

Comment

I bet he tastes like sunflowers... gorging himself for the last several weeks... How many times are you going to have this opportunity?

Eat that motherfucker. Show him who's boss.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

dont know about the sunflower seeds but bags of chips and several other similar products are packed with modified atmospheric packing which is pretty much all nitrogen to keep stuff fresh. not sure what kind of air bugs require to keep on buggin.
              Last edited by momo; 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                dont know about the sunflower seeds but bags of chips and several other similar products are packed with modified atmospheric packing which is pretty much all nitrogen to keep stuff fresh. not sure what kind of air bugs required
                Some insects can live without oxygen for a loooooooooooong time. I've pulled june bugs out of a pool that have been there for a couple weeks or more that still crawled around when they hit the ground.

Comment

david seeds are better!!!

Comment

my pics are not uploading to my email, but it does that sometimes while at work. i will post the ones i have though, just not till tomorrow

bug looks like a lady bug but is oval shaped and yellow with black dots instead of red/black.
                    i would think it's possible to live in the bag, especially since the fritolay factory is in plano.
                    i checked the bad but did not find any holes(except the one i put in it obviously).

think i'm just gonna toss the bug and maybe call them tomorrow with the package id number. if i do call i will just mention it to them so they know they might have a bad batch. i'm not expecting anything in return but if they wanna send my some coupons or something i won't say no. lol
                    Headquarters is in Plano not a plant...
                    04 GT
                    91 LX

Comment

I just found a penny in the bottom of my David's seeds yesterday. My buddy poured some for himself and it plopped in his hand . I had just opened the back an hour before that. Call the number just make sure you have the UPC on hand

Comment

Give them a call. They will want the production code and possibly the pics. They take consumer complaints serious and will send you a care package.

Where did you buy them? Store/town

Oh, and headquarters is in plano those were packaged elsewhere.

Edit. Save the package/bug they will want them if available.

Comment

This thread is racist

Comment

That bug is a pirate beetle, so as such this thread belongs in the Pirate 4X4 ARRRRRR forum instead of The Back Porch.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              That bug is a pirate beetle, so as such this thread belongs in the Pirate 4X4 ARRRRRR forum instead of The Back Porch.
                              lol
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Since the bug ruined a mans bag of seeds, I say to hell with that bug and believe this thread should be moved to the smack....
                                .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                                X