Saggy pants, go to jail!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    It's contempt of court, plain and simple. Going to court as a defendant in anything less than a suit is just disrespectful.
    Can't believe I am going to say this but stroking some judges ego just to be "respectful" to the court would piss me off if I was innocent for whatever I was there for. Hell the guilty are taken away and put in a jumpsuit or some other jail garb.

I hate the saggy pants shit too it is just funny to me how someplace that has the power to fuck you over demands a dress code because they can.

All that being said you dress right for the occasion. If I show up for a job interview looking like a bag of smashed assholes I should not expect much.
    Last edited by Couver; 04-14-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Disrespectful or not, I don't see how It's illegal. Trust me, I think It's stupid as hell to go to court sagging, or anywhere for that matter. But It's his right to be a terribly dressed loser if he wants to be. I get why ya'll are agreeing with the judge, the guy probably isn't worth the belt he was told to buy. That doesn't give some asshole judge the right to take away his freedoms. We lose more and more rights every day because shit like this happens, and no one cares. The idiots pants weren't harming anyone. Judges, and most of the government in general, has decided that its their responsibility to make everyone who they want them to be, or else. They should not have the power that they have. The judicial system was set up to protect us from the bad people in society, not to tell us how we're allowed to dress or live our lives. The court systems, and law enforcement's power over peoples daily lives should be greatly reduced imo.

*rant off
      .223 > 911

Comment

It's been the law for a long time that a judge decides what flies in his court. That's not new, and him sending this guy to the can for contempt doesn't set some dangerous new precedent that takes away our freedoms. You're reading too much into a bullshit human interest piece, dude. It's just entertainment.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          ....oh, you'd be surprised what people show to interviews wearing. The best I've personally had was pajama pants and slippers.
          LEBOWSKI
          You don't go out and make a living
          dressed like that in the middle of a
          weekday.

DUDE
          Is this a--what day is this?

LEBOWSKI
          But I do work, so if you don't mind--

DUDE
          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
          This will not stand, ya know, this
          will not stand, man. I mean, if