RC Brushless motors and Lipo Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Brushless motors and Lipo Batteries

Thinking about getting back into RC. Sold most of my rc stuff a while back. Still have my RC10 B4. It's currently a brushed motor setup as it came...

Was looking at rc stuff and looks like all the electric stuff has all converted to brushless set ups and Lipo batteries. I know basically nothing about brushless motors. From looking at the cost of stuff, I can but a brand new rc10 b4.1 with brushless motor and esc, Lipo batteries and charger for what it would cost to convert my current car over to brushless.

Anyone running a brushless electric off road rc car or truck?
    Any issues?
    How is battery life compared to brushed?
    Any info on brushless motor maintenance/dependability?
    Anything else you can learn me on is greatly appreciated!!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Well My gf got me a 1/8th scale monster truck by losi for my birthday this year so I have another project car lol. Heres a few pics. Just picked up these today
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

If you buy the new set-up would you be interested in selling the old?
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Everything is better about brushless/LiPo when compared to brushed/Nimh stuff. More power, longer runtimes, lower heat.

I run a 6s2p setup in my boat.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Everything is better about brushless/LiPo when compared to brushed/Nimh stuff. More power, longer runtimes, lower heat.

I want a boat now
          True Street MotorSports
          901 N McDonald St Suite 100
          McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
          Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

I have seen that video before and am now wondering what motors are you running?

Comment

if you are gonna race buggy then buy the new 4.1
              if you are looking for a new class then go sc, most people run them now.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                I have seen that video before and am now wondering what motors are you running?
                From the youtube description..

"This is a Rico20 31" monohull r/c boat. It runs a Castle (Neu) 1515 1Y motor, SeaKing 180amp speed control, 20C 6S2P Venom 6400mAh lipos, and Prather 215 prop."

Comment

Danny, your boat hauls!
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Thanks guys. I haven't messed with it yet this year. But the water is almost warm enough for swimming after it.

Comment

If you buy the new set-up would you be interested in selling the old?
                      I'm honestly not sure what I want to do with it yet. I thought about keeping and letting my son play with it. Or may end up converting it and having 2 toys to play with... Just can't decide. I'll keep you in mind if I do decide to sell it though.

I've been looking a lot at the RC10SC and thinking about going that route as it looks like there are plenty of races for these locally compared to the buggy but it's quite a bit more investment compared to the buggy...

Decisions Decisions.
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I dug my old stuff out of storage about two weeks ago and went to the hobby shop and bought a new 4500 six cel and charger . I was thinking about converting but after running both my gen 1 RC10's and my BoLink I am going to leave them with the old style stuff . I might go buy a new RTR RC10 if I get the itch . My budy just bought one and I think he paid $235 with everything brand new . It is brushless but not a lipo .
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I seriously have my eye on the SC10.

RTR Truck, with Radio, ESC, and Motor, 2 4800mah 2s Lipo's and Charger for like $450!!!

Comment

Well, now I did it!!!

Just ordered the SC10 RTR, Duratrax Onyx 235 Charger, and 2 Duratrax 4000 mah 2S Lipo batteries.

Should be here next week!

Anyone still running SC at Mikes?

Comment

Thanks guys. I haven't messed with it yet this year. But the water is almost warm enough for swimming after it.

I have a gas powered my brother-in-law gave me that I have never ran because I don't feel like swimming after it. It's just been sitting in the garage,

Comment

Working...
                              X