Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    Might wait a few years, even for you...
    LOL! I was talking about being around ground zero on a gas release.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      LOL! I was talking about being around ground zero on a gas release.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

As someone who has been through this I can offer some insight. I have a chow mix who was heart worm positive. He had progressed to the point he would start coughing as he got worse. Which was about the time I found him since he was a stray. I took him to Decatur Animal clinic across from james wood and they suggested instead of doing the arsenic treatment which is really heard on the dog and the chance of survival was not the best, to put him on the slow kill method. That was 4 or 5 years ago now and he is still good. Best thing with the slow kill is it is way cheaper and not near as hard on the dog. It takes longer but the vet told me they had not lost any dogs since treating them that way.

Comment

forgot to say also when I have him retested he always comes up heartworm negative after slow treatment. Decatur is a long haul but they are cheaper than any other vet I have found.

Comment

Wish I had read this a few months ago. I am in the middle of doing a heartworm treatment for my Doberman (sort of a rescue) and am in to it at least 2k already. I would probably have opted for this if it was presented as a option. He was at a healthy weight before and showed no signs of coughing.
            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Decatur animal clinic is who we use. I like them alot. Good luck
              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I had a dog years ago we simply could not afford the treatment. She lived on another 13 years without any treatment. I finally had to put her down due to arthritis. She was probably 15-17 yo by then.

Comment

Working...
                X