Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360 South of 20 a possible Toll road! BS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
    Yep. When I was bitching about the TTC back in 2006, not too many people on here seemed to care. Now, it is hitting closer to home (literally). People need to raise holy hell about it. They take out tax dollars for our car registration, which is supposed to go to the roads and bridges. Then they tell us we have to pay a toll.
    Wait, you want the road to be built, but not by the ntta, because they are a private company that wants to make money for their service. Maybe if the taxes you pay were actually used more effectively, the ntta would have a harder time being better at the game they are playing with highways.

Sounds like you should adjust where you place your anger?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yep. When I was bitching about the TTC back in 2006, not too many people on here seemed to care. Now, it is hitting closer to home (literally). People need to raise holy hell about it. They take out tax dollars for our car registration, which is supposed to go to the roads and bridges. Then they tell us we have to pay a toll.
      Well, you know you can only do so much with $65/year.....

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        even worse when $40 of that goes to projects that have nothing to do with road quality.

Comment

They take out tax dollars for our car registration, which is supposed to go to the roads and bridges. Then they tell us we have to pay a toll.
          Truff
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            Wait, you want the road to be built, but not by the ntta, because they are a private company that wants to make money for their service. Maybe if the taxes you pay were actually used more effectively, the ntta would have a harder time being better at the game they are playing with highways.

Sounds like you should adjust where you place your anger?
            You're right. If our govt actually spent the money on what they were supposed to be spending it on, we wouldn't have to worry about the ntta or centra (a spanish company btw) to build our roads. However, that's my job to worry about. Our tax dollars are supposed to be paying the jackasses in Austin to handle that. Not make backdoor deals with the booty buddies.

If I am already paying for the roads with my car registration, then I don't want to pay again over and over and over and over and over like on the North Dallas Tollway. If the roads are so important to the public welfare that they can use imminent domain to steal my land away, then they shouldn't be looking at it as a for-profit business. Our roads and bridges are for public use, not for private companies to make a profit. When they start mixing the two, it ends up being like the NDT, which has been payed off for many years. If they want to raise my registration fee to $100 a year to pay for the higher cost, that would be fine. It would still be tons cheaper than getting the daily ass raping when I drive to work. How is that so hard to understand?
            Last edited by line-em-up; 04-09-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Now multiply that by 20 million a year.

Comment

Working...
              X