Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360 South of 20 a possible Toll road! BS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 South of 20 a possible Toll road! BS!!

So I'm looking through the Mansfield web page for some code enforcement stuff and I run accross this little nugget... Looks like NTTA is looking to finish 360 to 287 and force it's use as a freak'n toll way! Living in Mansfield and using 360 to get to the air port I'd be hit w/ this QUITE often through the year. Not to mention, since 360 sucks ass during traffic hours, I'd have to take the 360 toll to the 161 toll... This is going to suck if it comes to fruition...

/rant

PDF for the proposal can be found here .... http://www.ntta.org/NR/rdonlyres/B8B...360_secure.pdf
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

I live a block from you and couldn't give a shit less. Maybe if they finish it, it would be worth driving on out, and thenI would gladly pay for it.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I don't miss 360 one fucking bit. I drove that bitch from one end to the other (Broad St. to 121) 5-6 days a week for 5 years and hated every second of it. Haven't had to since '06 and I can't imagine how dicked up it is now with all the crap they've built over there south of 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        I live a block from you and couldn't give a shit less. Maybe if they finish it, it would be worth driving on out, and thenI would gladly pay for it.
        x2

Comment

I hate 360/CampW intersection...I just take GSW to Lakeridge on the way home...
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Of course they are. You can tell by the wide expanses between directions of travel and the way they have arranged the entrances/exits that it is intended to be a major highway system.

You didn't think that was going to be FREE, did you??
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

NBC did a story a year or two back saying that there was not enough funds in TXDOT to complete 360 (really?) so the only way to get it done before 2019 was to make it a toll road.

Found it, this was posted 10/21/2010

The NTTA is also suggesting that a portion of Highway 360 in south Arlington from Interstate 20 to East Sublett Road be tolled. The highway currently ends in the south at East Sublett Road, with frontage roads continuing south to Mansfield.

The agency is already slated to extend Highway 360 south from East Sublett Road to U.S. 287.

Comment

The precedent has been set. Any time a highway needs improvement, you can pretty much bet that it'll be a toll road after completion.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                  The precedent has been set. Any time a highway needs improvement, you can pretty much bet that it'll be a toll road after completion.
                  What better way for politicians to give lucrative contracts to their buddies??

Comment

To think that the tollways would stop in North Texas after they learned they could earn continuous money is a fool's play.

Comment

Well that means, Ill be going 287 to get to the Oasis bar and grill.
                      2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                      2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I so very rarely 360 it wont make a difference.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                          I so very rarely 360 it wont make a difference.
                          That's how this shit keeps going. As long as it's not the highway next to your house it's okay. Then 3 years later, it is the highway next to your house and you'll be the only ones pissed.

Comment

That's how this shit keeps going. As long as it's not the highway next to your house it's okay. Then 3 years later, it is the highway next to your house and you'll be the only ones pissed.
                            The service road that 360 is there sucks. Its horrible to try to drive on the weekends, and the dot had already said that they don't make finish it a priority. So 20 years from now they may or may not try to budget for it. And since I dispise getting on it, i've pretty much grown accustomed to not taking it. So if it gets finished, ill pay the half a buck it will be to drive on it, if needed.

It is the highway next to my house btw
                            Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 04-09-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Yep. When I was bitching about the TTC back in 2006, not too many people on here seemed to care. Now, it is hitting closer to home (literally). People need to raise holy hell about it. They take out tax dollars for our car registration, which is supposed to go to the roads and bridges. Then they tell us we have to pay a toll.

Comment

Working...
                              X