Tyler Texas repair shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Texas repair shop

Anyone have a recommendation for one? Mom has a Nissan Titan with a check engine light.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Have her take it to auto zone and have em pull the code so at least you have an idea what is wrong. No sense taking it to the shop blind.
    Rich

Comment

It was at the dealer already. Had the fuel sender recall done then the next day the mil came on and they told her she had left the fuel cap off at some point. She went out of town the next day and it came back on. This time they said it had a cat effiency code and and paid the $110 for farther diag. They called back and said the fuel pump was weak and had ruined both cats and estimate was over $4000.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Titan's engine but I'd see about getting the O2 sensors checked before shelling out $4k for new cats. If the sensors are bad it may just be feeding the wrong fuel mixture causing the cats to seem bad.

How old is the truck? It's not still covered by an emissions warranty? I think the federal law for emissions warranties is 8 years/80k miles. Don't quote me on that but look it up if you think it might help.

Comment

2006. On an obd2 I would think it would have lean codes not cat codes if running lean.
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

How does running lean wreck cats? I understand running rich holding them up. Is knock the substrate out of em. It'd probably run better. Sounds like some pretty unscrupulous dealership mechanics. If it were my mother I might be inclined to drive over there with the truck and ask to speak to someone incharge.
            Rich

Comment

The Wrench, a guy I know it owns it and they are good people.

Comment

Working...
              X