RIP Senior Officer Jaime Padron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Senior Officer Jaime Padron

A police officer was fatally shot early Friday at a Wal-Mart store in Austin, Texas, and*a suspect is in custody.

Senior Police Officer Jaime Padron was shot in the neck and died at the scene, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said, adding that Padron left behind two daughters, ages 10 and six.

Acevedo said the officer was responding to a routine call about a drunk man in the store.

KUT News reported that when the officer arrived at the scene, the suspect began to fight him. The suspect then pulled out a semi-automatic pistol, according to police, and shot the officer in the neck.

The officer was able to radio for help, KUT said, but he later died in the store.

Acevedo said two Wal-Mart employees tackled the suspect after the shooting and held him until another police officer arrived and arrested him.

Brandon Montgomery Daniel, 24, was*booked into the Travis County jail on capital murder charges in connection with the shooting, according to jail records. If convicted of capital murder, Daniel could face the death penalty.

Acevedo said he would like to see the shooter face murder charges.

"It is a tragedy on Good Friday to lose an officer like this, but it is part of what these men and women do," Acevedo said, according to KWTX.com. "They know when they become a police officer that this is a sacrifice they are willing to make."
    RIP Brotha. Leave the FTP stuff at the door. Thx. Props to the Walmart employee for tackling this piece of shit and holding him till backup could arrest him. Hope this kid likes needles. This just reminds me how vulnerable we are. All the other police and fire brothers out there, y'all be safe and keep that head on a swivel!

RIP Brother.
    It's been a crazy day.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
    George Orwell

Comment

RIP I just don't get this world.

Comment

Rip.
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

kill that motherfucker with fire! I hate hearing about police and fire loosing there lives on the job.

Comment

Yeah - its been a wild year. Everybody stay safe!
            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Put the perp in the express lane for death row. RIP Officer

Comment

I sure as fuck hope wal-Mart doesn't fire the employees who grabbed the suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                  I sure as fuck hope wal-Mart doesn't fire the employees who grabbed the suspect.
                  you never hear about someone getting fired like that! it's always hush hush to the public if they do.

RIP. Officer Jaime Padron

Comment

Pics of this sack of Shit? I understand the justice system and the right to a fair trial but sometimes that just isn't needed. Back up arrives, go to video and watch video up until the officers can see themselves arrive on video. Find them guilty and shoot him in the face

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      you never hear about someone getting fired like that! it's always hush hush to the public if they do.

RIP. Officer Jaime Padron
                      I recall an incident where a place was robbed and the suspect duct taped - tied the employees and was about to execute them. The manager nailed the bad guy with a hammer. The employer fired the manager. I may have the story a little twisted but that's the gist of it.

Comment

Terrible. Things like this make me hope there is a back room somewhere at the station where mother fuckers like this get the shit beat out of them and spend the night lying in a pool of their own blood, shit and piss.

Comment

I believe it was at a Target recently that a man shot at employees one of which returned fire hitting the perp and employee was fired for it... Well technically he was fired for having a concealed at work but if he hadn't how many would have been killed?

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                            I recall an incident where a place was robbed and the suspect duct taped - tied the employees and was about to execute them. The manager nailed the bad guy with a hammer. The employer fired the manager. I may have the story a little twisted but that's the gist of it.
                            Seriously ? I can;t imagine how the employer felt that was justified.

RIP
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Rip
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X