No announcement yet.

so, who is awake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, fuck sleep. Who needs that anyways.

Side note: I don't know what's worse. Watching infomercials or fox news all night.

Comment

Both. Go hog hunting.

I'm walking out the door for turkey now.

Comment

Checking back in !!!!!!

Comment

I'm about to crash out. Got my nephew's bday party and then im smoking a brisket for my son's late b'day later today.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

here till 6am again

on a side note, i learned that truly blocking out a room(closing up all windows/doors so no light comes through) is the only fucking way to sleep during the day when working nights. before i just had a thin curtain and the light would just shine right thru. well before i went to bed the other day i put up a thin quilt under the curtain up against the blinds. holy fucking shit it's dark in my room now, even in the middle of the bright ass day! i woke up at 3pm thinking it must be overcast out because it was almost pitch black in my room. cracked open the curtain/quilt and was propmtly blinded with brightness! lol. oh and i also slept like a fucking baby. guess the quilt helps block out some noises

Comment

My dad used to do the blanket over the window thing when he worked nights. It works well. Blocks out sunlight, and can keep the room cooler In the summer. I have to have near pitch black conditions as well, but I usually just throw a pillow over my head. Those masks are helpful too.

Comment

Grove, they make curtains that block out the light and also kill the heat during the summer... Working nights durIng the summer sucks ass. I get hot quit when sleeping and it wakes me up. Also, I leave the bathroom door cracked with the fan on to make dead noise. Iguess I'm a pro at day sleeping now... Eh it's not too bad. I'll tell ya I can't wait for 0600 right now. Boring Friday the 13th and I'm whooped.

Comment

Up. Won't sleep till 5am
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

luckily i dont have to worry about blocking the heat because i am on the first floor(apts) and have units on both sides of me. plus my front and rear windows rarely get hit directly with sunlight. i still plan on blocking everything out more

i have worked nights before but only a few weeks at a time, this time it will be for at least a couple months i will be working thur fri AND sat nights. good thing is i have friends that are off on sundays and wednesdays and party hard during the daytime

Comment

Why is it your body seems to get hotter while sleeping. I get really hot if I take a nap, no matter where I am, covered or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        Why is it your body seems to get hotter while sleeping. I get really hot if I take a nap, no matter where I am, covered or not.
                        Don't know. But I can do without AC. all day. But gotta have it on at night. Or I can't sleep.
                        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

It doesn't, it drops.......

The other brain control mechanism that regulates sleep and wakefulness is the brain's internal 24 hour clock. This clock is regulated by a structure in the brain called the superchiasmatic nucleus (SCN). The SCN contains a kind of pacemaker that acts as a "clock for all seasons" by being tuned to daily and seasonal changes in light. In mammals, changes in light and darkness at various times of the year play an important role as a signal for breeding and other behaviors such as eating, sleeping, and putting on weight.

In humans, the primary role of the SCN appears to be to regulate daily rhythms of sleep and wakefulness and seasonal changes on mood. (Some people tend to become more depressed in the winter months as light diminishes, a phenomenon known as Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD).

The SCN acts on changes in light and darkness by affecting the release of a naturally occurring hormone in the brain called melatonin. When sunlight enters the eyes, melatonin concentrations decrease, which promotes wakefulness and increased alertness by signaling body temperature to rise. Body temperature generally rises during the day except for a brief dip in the afternoon, and then hits its daily peak around 6:00 p.m.

We are typically most alert in the late morning and early evening when body temperature is highest. At nighttime, light ceases to enter the eyes, which causes the SCN to trigger the secretion of melatonin. Body temperature drops, alertness wanes, and the descent toward sleep begins. Body temperature continues to decline and reaches its daily low at around 4:00 am; it then prepares us for eventual wakefulness by beginning to rise before sunrise. Once we awaken, the cycle of increasing body temperature during the day and falling temperature at night repeats itself.

Comment

That really doesn't explain why I sweat my ass off when taking a nap.

Comment

That really doesn't explain why I sweat my ass off when taking a nap.
                              Your body is trying to maintain a lower body temperature.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                                Your body is trying to maintain a lower body temperature.
                                ah, I see. I read that after taking a one hour nap and blurry vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X