keeping all receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
    Eh I guess I will continue to do what I've always have done and just do the basic stuff and not mess with all the extra deductions.
    I tried to get creative this year b/c I'm itemizing but found out a lot of shit that you're supposed to be able to deduct didn't apply to us anyways...so fuck it.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

since i am single with no kids/property my taxes are simple as fuck. 1040ez form takes me only minutes to fill out and i always get money back due to claiming 0 all year and making a bunch of overtime throughout the year. i actually started having them take out an extra $50 a month because i thought i was getting closer to the next tax bracket. since i'm not it's just more money i get back at the end of the year

...and before anyone tries to learn me something about claiming one and not having to take out extra cause "it's just giving the gubment a free loan!!1", save it. i have been doing this for years and am completely happy with what i pay/get back

i do not wanna be like some of my friends and have to pay $3 at the end of the year, hahaha. or the ones that have "their people" do their taxes and get thousands back only to be audited by the IRS

Comment

also realize you either gotta be a pattymelt or pay somebody lambo money to add up all that itemization...

not saying it's not worth looking into, but ever time I've considered it, it made WAY more sense to just take the standard deductions. they're standard for a reason
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

<- delivered enough pizzas last year, hopefully refund is buying my new lambo this year!

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
            since i am single with no kids/property my taxes are simple as fuck. 1040ez form takes me only minutes to fill out and i always get money back due to claiming 0 all year and making a bunch of overtime throughout the year. i actually started having them take out an extra $50 a month because i thought i was getting closer to the next tax bracket. since i'm not it's just more money i get back at the end of the year

...and before anyone tries to learn me something about claiming one and not having to take out extra cause "it's just giving the gubment a free loan!!1", save it. i have been doing this for years and am completely happy with what i pay/get back

i do not wanna be like some of my friends and have to pay $3 at the end of the year, hahaha. or the ones that have "their people" do their taxes and get thousands back only to be audited by the IRS
            Actually, due to time value of money, you'd rather have that money now anyway than in 12 months.

$50 more due to thinking it might put you in a higher tax bracket ... not sure I follow that logic, but that's neither here nor there.

What you should do is take that $50 a month and put it as an additional contribution to your retirement (401k, similar) ... pay yourself and reduce your tax bill.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Not to mention any money going into a retirement fund is usually taken out before taxes, lowering your taxable income and earning money instead of sitting for a year earning nothing
              Slow moving projects
              1964 C10 350/700r4
              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
                Not to mention any money going into a retirement fund is usually taken out before taxes, lowering your taxable income and earning money instead of sitting for a year earning nothing
                Well, it was mentioned...but hey, worth mentioning again.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                Actually, due to time value of money, you'd rather have that money now anyway than in 12 months.

$50 more due to thinking it might put you in a higher tax bracket ... not sure I follow that logic, but that's neither here nor there.

What you should do is take that $50 a month and put it as an additional contribution to your retirement (401k, similar) ... pay yourself and reduce your tax bill.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                  hum... That's some high coin... Would everything I spend go towards that? Rent, car payment, insurance payment, gas, cell phone, electric bill, cable, food, etc?

I'm trying to justify the cost of buying a neat scanner.
                  Go read some reviews on those Neat scanners, they are trash!

Comment

Working...
                  X