keeping all receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping all receipts

I was wondering if it is worth while to keep all of my every day to day receipts. Can I use these on my tax return to get a bigger refund?

I think you're gonna be hard pressed to beat the standard sales tax deduction.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Only if you know your over the standard deduction.

Comment

Ok, what is the standard tax deduction? Does differ depending on what tax bracket you're in?

Comment

Married I think was 11,000.

Comment

Single: 5800
            Married filing jointly: 11600
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Married I think was 11,000.
              hum... That's some high coin... Would everything I spend go towards that? Rent, car payment, insurance payment, gas, cell phone, electric bill, cable, food, etc?

I'm trying to justify the cost of buying a neat scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                hum... That's some high coin... Would everything I spend go towards that? Rent, car payment, insurance payment, gas, cell phone, electric bill, cable, food, etc?

I'm trying to justify the cost of buying a neat scanner.
                Lol, no dude. Every dollar you spend isn't tax deductible.

Comment

have you ever done your taxes before?
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Lol, no dude. Every dollar you spend isn't tax deductible.
                    Well that blows, hahaha. Damn taxes! UGH.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      have you ever done your taxes before?
                      Yes, I have never itemized though. I just use turbotax. Enter in all my info from my W2s and interest paid on the house, etc.

Comment

fair enough... just never paid attention to standard deductions, etc?
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                          Yes, I have never itemized though. I just use turbotax. Enter in all my info from my W2s and interest paid on the house, etc.
                          Generally speaking, the thing that puts most people over the standard deduction is owning a home...interest is tax deductible.

Even then, if you itemize, there's a standard sales tax deduction amount and I would venture to guess you wouldn't beat that unless there were some extenuating circumstances. (I could be fuzzy on this, it's been years since I filed a Texas return).

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            fair enough... just never paid attention to standard deductions, etc?
                            no, but now that you mention it I remember donating a bunch of crap one year to Helping Hands and I entered in a dollar amount of what I thought the stuff was worth and it told me I didn't meat the minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Generally speaking, the thing that puts most people over the standard deduction is owning a home...interest is tax deductible.

Even then, if you itemize, there's a standard sales tax deduction amount and I would venture to guess you wouldn't beat that unless there were some extenuating circumstances. (I could be fuzzy on this, it's been years since I filed a Texas return).
                              Eh I guess I will continue to do what I've always have done and just do the basic stuff and not mess with all the extra deductions.

Comment

Working...
                              X