Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Talked to my buddy out there and his LPO said that it was due to someone not doing their FI's, which he has to do every morning.
      ???? FI?? If he means fuel samples how would they know this early? Besides if they had that much bad gas I doubt it would have made it out of the chocks. They said it was raining fuel before it hit. Maybe the boost pump or PTS shaft shit who knows. Reminds me of that bird that went down in San Diego a few years ago. The final report on that was ugly to say the least....

Comment

Talked to my buddy out there and his LPO said that it was due to someone not doing their FI's, which he has to do every morning.
        Not everybody knows what those initials stand for. Can you please explain?

Comment

They just posted on the local news out here that it was a student pilot. Not that they don't have hundreds of hours in a simulator, but I'm sure it'll stir up some shit.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
            ???? FI?? If he means fuel samples how would they know this early? Besides if they had that much bad gas I doubt it would have made it out of the chocks. They said it was raining fuel before it hit. Maybe the boost pump or PTS shaft shit who knows. Reminds me of that bird that went down in San Diego a few years ago. The final report on that was ugly to say the least....
            Those things burn through so much fuel daily it's near impossible to have any negligible amount of water in the tanks.

Working for an airline we would sump the tanks every 2-4 days and a few drops per tank would come out per ~12,000 lbs of fuel.
            Last edited by 2011GT; 04-06-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
              They just posted on the local news out here that it was a student pilot.
              Hence the reason they were in VF-106....

Agree with my fellow AT Couver on this one....
              The final investigation on this may be quite nasty...

Comment

I didn't ask what he meant by FI, we were on the phone all of 2 minutes, as I wanted to check up on him. He's got a couple of friends in the squadron of the plane that went down and he mentioned talking to a couple of them and saying they were already in a world of shit.

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                Not everybody knows what those initials stand for. Can you please explain?
                LPO stands for Leading Petty Officer
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                  Those things burn through so much fuel daily it's near impossible to have any negligible amount of water in the tanks.

Working for an airline we would sump the tanks every 2-4 days and a few drops per tank would come out per ~12,000 lbs of fuel.

That's why I was wondering what FI is. If it is some sort of fuel inspection then that much bad JP-8 would have kept it in the chocks. If it was something that was part of the start up checks maybe. Like a feed tank not transferring or something along those lines. Still way to early to tell, will have to wait a few months on the report or the next maint buliten to check certains systems all of a sudden.

I know about every F/A-18 acronym known and FI is a new one to me.

Comment

This pic shows the left nozzle closed and the right open. I wonder if he lost an engine on TO.

Comment

Raining fuel, as in the pilot emptying the tanks to minimize the explosion and fire following the impact.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I know about every F/A 18 acronym known and FI is a new one to me.
                        Final Inspections possibly? I dunno. He's stationed with an F/18 squadron and does some sort of electronics work on the jets.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Final Inspections possibly? I dunno. He's stationed with an F/18 squadron and does some sort of electronics work on the jets.
                          Ahhhh final checks.... That might could be it. Though I wonder what could have been missed that is that big. Mayhaps the fuel line in door 64 was leaking...

****edit. I don't speak super hornet to well though will be curious to see what happened when the final report comes out

Comment

Ahhhh final checks.... That might could be it. Though I wonder what could have been missed that is that big. Mayhaps the fuel line in door 64 was leaking...

****edit. I don't speak super hornet to well though will be curious to see what happened when the final report comes out
                            Same here... I don't speak speak Super Bug at all so you got me beat.

But I'm with you trying to understand what could have been missed that would result in something like this both after a walk-around\pre-flight and final checks via the Line\PC\QC folks.

If it's not something to do with the flight crew themselves, 10 to 1 its maintenance related.... God help the Maintenance Chief...

It's gonna be a long few weeks for him....

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post

Maintenance Officer may be shitting in his pants pulling records for everything done on that bird in the past 6 months.
                              Should be a fairly easy process if they've moved to OOMA. A few keystrokes from someone even outside of the squadron and ALL records on the aircraft are locked down. You can't even add MAFs (Work Orders in OOMA) at that point.

Being a ALSS guy though I'm glad to see the escape system worked as advertised.

And coming from a previous MOS where I worked on Turbine engines I'm feeling sorry for those guys if it was some kind of engine problem.

Reminds me of that bird that went down in San Diego a few years ago. The final report on that was ugly to say the least....
                              That was a Marine bird wasn't it. What was the outcome of that investigation I don't remember hearing much after the initial news frenzy.
                              2004 Suzuki DL650
                              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Yep it was from VMFAT-101 in a nutshell jet had issues and they told the nugget to bypass North Island for Miramar. There was more and a bunch of people got fired. Search old Navy Times they were pretty close. The final report never got wide distribution for obvious reasons. An initial clue in the next few weeks is watch message traffic for weird one-time inspections. That might give a hint what they think went wrong.

*** edit again. Downs Seat Sniffer or Pelican Raper?

Comment

Working...
                                X