X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contestant for Mother of the Year

Contestant for Mother of the Year

Some of the highlights...

A Hawthorne woman allegedly texting and driving with her infant daughter in her lap through Torrance faces charges that could send her to jail for five years, prosecutors said Thursday.

Shawndeeia Joann Bowen, 29, of Hawthorne, whose case went viral on the Internet after a Daily Breeze report, appeared Thursday for arraignment in Torrance court, where prosecutors charged her with child endangerment and other offenses.

Bowen, who has six children, pleaded not guilty and was ordered to return to court on April 12. She remained in custody on more than $130,000 bail.

Bowen was wearing one false eyelash and pink children's elastic underwear on her head when officers pulled her over at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday with three children in the car.

The woman told police the 1-year-old girl had been secured in a child safety seat, but officers deemed that impossible.

The seat's buckle was caked with chocolate that appeared to have accumulated over time, D'anjou said.

Records showed Bowen was on probation from a previous conviction for child abuse.

Her driving record includes two accidents and previous violations for having a defective windshield or rear window, having no insurance, failing to use her safety belts, failing to use child restraints, failing to stop behind a limit line, making an illegal turn against a posted sign, driving with defective lighting equipment, driving with a missing license plate and driving with a suspended license.

Department of Motor Vehicle records showed she repeatedly failed to go to court.

Aaaaaand the pic:

Too bad she wasn't in a major accident and cleansed fom the gene pool before she could do any further damage.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
      Too bad she wasn't in a major accident and cleansed fom the gene pool before she could do any further damage.
      I'd say it's a little late for that...

10 to 1 we paid for the cell phone and wireless service used in the pic....

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
        I'd say it's a little late for that...

10 to 1 we paid for the cell phone and wireless service used in the pic....
        You're probably right, and it's nicer than MY phone!
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

What a waste of space....

Comment

even tho i don't agree with her actions, but i remember a time as a kid where we use to lay down on the back package tray. no seatbelts were ever worn.
            first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
              even tho i don't agree with her actions, but i remember a time as a kid where we use to lay down on the back package tray. no seatbelts were ever worn.
              Same here.... Gotta love being old...

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                But I'll bet that your parents weren't texting at the time!

Comment

tis true. it was funny my little girl got in my buddies car that has manual windows, she asked what the handle was for... how times have changed
                  first class white trash

Comment

Another Obammy supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post

Her driving record includes two accidents and previous violations for having a defective windshield or rear window, having no insurance, failing to use her safety belts, failing to use child restraints, failing to stop behind a limit line, making an illegal turn against a posted sign, driving with defective lighting equipment, driving with a missing license plate and driving with a suspended license.
                      Wow...people still get popped for not stopping behind the white line?

I know exactly 0 persons that have been ticketed for this...

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                        Wow...people still get popped for not stopping behind the white line?

I know exactly 0 persons that have been ticketed for this...
                        Eh, it one of those the cop is pissed so lets see what else he can get you for kind of tickets.

Comment

How about a nomination for Father/Grandfather and Mother/Daughter of the year. These two fall into all of those categories. Just today they also added continuous sexual assault of a child as a charge for the Father/Grandfather.

BIG SPRING - Howard County Deputies are investigating a disturbing case of child endangerment.

Around 1 a.m. Sunday morning, deputies were called out to the 4900 block of South Highway 87. That's where they found a seven year old boy riding his bike in the dark. He told deputies he was running away from home.

Sheriff's officials contacted the boy's family and they said the boy had been restrained by using a "straight jacket" and they didn't know how he got out.

It was later determined that the living conditions of the home were not suitable and child protective services was called.

CPS took custody of the children ages seven, five and two.

The mother of the Children, 26-year-old Tamara Whitt and grandfather 54-year-old Edgar Dale Whitt were both charged with Endangering a Child.

It was also discovered that Edgar Dale Whitt had fathered a child with his daughter, Tamara Whitt.

As a result of these findings Edgar Dale Whitt was also charged with Prohibited Sexual Conduct with Ancestor/Defendant, a 2nd Degree Felony.

Comment

Working...
                          X