Any farmers on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jester View Post
    Its not too hard man. My girl's dad is super farmer. He has a degree in this shit and just goes about his business like it is nothing. I am stuck at home on workers comp with a torn adductor, so i have nothing else to do but stand in a garden and smack the dirt. lol, nothing to it when you have sun up to sun down.
    So what are you using as a fertilizer? Are you using anything extra like Miracle Grow or compost?

We have nothing but thick clay out here so I dig pretty deep to replace as much as possible with good garden soil and chop up some banana skins to mix up in it. The tomatoes just took off like crazy after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      So what are you using as a fertilizer? Are you using anything extra like Miracle Grow or compost?

We have nothing but thick clay out here so I dig pretty deep to replace as much as possible with good garden soil and chop up some banana skins to mix up in it. The tomatoes just took off like crazy after that.
      I have zero idea what he uses. The soil is perfect. Just nice dirt. He tills the shit out of it with a tractor with a big tiller behind it and grinds all the soil up nicely. Then we smooth it and get to work on our rows. He is the brains and I just watch and learn so far. His fertilizer spreader is the size of a vw bug. lol

after the plants start to come up, i tend to it. being a disabled fuck that has a hard time getting around, it is stupid simple for me to stand and slowly hoe the rows and weed it. it's nice......my damned groin never stops hurting so this is pretty metatative
      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
      Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
        I have zero idea what he uses. The soil is perfect. Just nice dirt. He tills the shit out of it with a tractor with a big tiller behind it and grinds all the soil up nicely. Then we smooth it and get to work on our rows. He is the brains and I just watch and learn so far. His fertilizer spreader is the size of a vw bug. lol

after the plants start to come up, i tend to it. being a disabled fuck that has a hard time getting around, it is stupid simple for me to stand and slowly hoe the rows and weed it. it's nice......my damned groin never stops hurting so this is pretty metatative
        Man that sucks. Sorry to hear it's not getting any better. I strained a groin muscle once and it was sore for about a week. That wasn't fun at all. I can't imagine a torn one that would just suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Man that sucks. Sorry to hear it's not getting any better. I strained a groin muscle once and it was sore for about a week. That wasn't fun at all. I can't imagine a torn one that would just suck.
          yeah, it has been since january 21st. muscle retracted up into my pelvis and it constantly lets me know it is fucked. tried 12 sessions of physical therapy and no help. waiting for second opinion about surgery. the therapist and first doctor said it needed surgery and everything I have read agrees, so i just keep waiting. workers comp checks barely cover my expenses, but they do.
          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
          Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
          X