Ugh, its cheaper to keep her.......not a great way to start a morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, its cheaper to keep her.......not a great way to start a morning

Okay, wife(soon to be ex) finally got off my car insurance. You would think this would save me money.......nope......$10 a month increase. Then I changed my address to my current one in Winnie........another $20 increase.

So, you have 2 people on an insurance policy........twice the chance of wrecks or tickets........yet it cost more to be single..........wha?????

And living in a very rural town out in the country is more of a risk than living close to Dallas? Wha????????
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Change providers.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Change providers.
      Would cost me more. been with progressive since 96 and I am a diamond member so I just suck it up and go with the flow.
      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
      Semper Fi

Comment

Who is your agent?

Comment

My insurance went up when I moved from San Diego (horrible traffic, lots of cars on the road) to Sacramento, which is a fairly rural area, except for downtown. It makes no sense.

I kind of get the married/single thing, as they see it as a sign of responsibility, but in reality any numbnuts can get married, and it has absolutely no bearing on their driving ability.

Comment

Who is your agent?
            What you did there, I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
              Would cost me more. been with progressive since 96 and I am a diamond member so I just suck it up and go with the flow.
              I was a diamond member too with progressive, switched to Nationwide and saved 30/month.

Shop it around, each carrier is completely different when it comes to customers they want. You might try Farmers Insurance since you are outside of town too.

Never hurts to shop around, trust me.

Comment

Dfwm statistical acumen > actuary
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Dude screw longivity... I had been iwth Geico since the beginning of time... When I bought my coupe, I figured it wouldnt hurt to shop. Allstate beat Geico by a long shot. Called to cancel and they told me sorry that we could come close. _|_

Comment

Definitley shop arround, i saved money from going from Progressive to State Farm.

Comment

You are out $30 and it would be cheaper to stay married? Shit, what's her number? I wish I could keep any GF ive had under a $30 a month budget...
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

And who did you have as an agent again, Matt.

I feel sorry for some of you fuckers. By the time the dust settled and everything was said and done I ended up with about 7-800 LESS in expenses every month. I rule!

Comment

Kim, MutherJuggz...

And in the end I got better coverage, higher rent car rate, road side assistance, and a few other add ons that Progressive doesn't offer. And saved money.

And of course one of my buddies that I used to work with is a Nationwide Adjuster, just in case anything happens and I need the hookup

Comment

I feel sorry for some of you fuckers. By the time the dust settled and everything was said and done I ended up with about 7-800 LESS in expenses every month. I rule!
                            Man, I pay $2k a month in child support, lost $70k from my 401k, and it was worth every penny. Staying in a shitty relationship is not worth any money in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
                              Man, I pay $2k a month in child support, lost $70k from my 401k, and it was worth every penny. Staying in a shitty relationship is not worth any money in the world.

Fuck. I agree though. I had to cash out some stock options I would have rather kept, but my 401k wasn't touched, and I paid off a relatively small joint credit card. That was it. And the stock option money all went to me, I just needed the quick liquidity to get on my feet. Got very lucky indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X