Coach Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Joe

GONE! He was only 68. I always liked him.

Crushing news: Former Dallas Cowboys special teams coach Joe Avezzano has died

Waited on this one, but this is such sad news: Former Dallas Cowboys special teams coach Joe Avezzano has died.

Richie Whitt of 105.3 The Fan recently sent out the following Twitter message, "Horrible news out of Italy this morning: Joe Avezzano had a heart attack on the treadmill and passed away."

The Dallas Cowboys have confirmed this report. Joe was 68.

Joe created quite the cult following when he was hired by Jimmy Johnson as special teams coach back in 1990 for the Cowboys. His expressions and demonstrative nature on the sidelines made him a camera favorite.

In recent years had been working for various local media outlets providing commentary about the Cowboys, and the NFL. He was a tremendously decent man and was highly entertaining to talk to.

Joe was in Italy after he was hired to coach Seamen Milano of a football league in Italy.
    http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...-has-died.html

Wow

Comment

Man, that is some sad news...

RIP Coach Joe...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Rip.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Coach Joe was a good guy.

That didn't stop me from going to youtube for treadmill fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Coach Joe was a good guy.

That didn't stop me from going to youtube for treadmill fails.
            You heartless bastard!!!

Though I did chuckle...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

wow, yes...very sad indeed. The guy was super nice, met him a couple times at his bar (Hat Tricks) in Lewsiville. My wife beat him up for his autograph a couple times (which btw just went up in value). But he was always very freindly.
              2012 GT - Brembo car
              "Sell crazy some place else, were all stocked up here" - Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets.

Comment

I have ran into him at hat Tricks a few times, and the tiny bar he owned on Greenville. He was always very nice, and would stop and chat. RIP.

Comment

He used to live a couple of streets over from my bro in valley ranch. One winter we got a little snow and Joe was out pulling the neighborhood kids around on a sled. Talked to him a few times and he came to my bro's house for some charity gig, real class act. R.I.P.

Comment

RIP coach Joe. I used to see him all the time and talked to him at LA Fitness in Lewisville.
                    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

[touchingoffmictribute]stay hard coach joe![/touchingoffmictribute]

Comment

RIP Joe

Comment

Wow, RIP....
                          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I enjoyed listening to his radio show on 95.3. He seemed like a good guy who was very down to earth.

Comment

Working...
                            X