$169 for NASCAR Racing Experience...today only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    So their laps for charity is now limited to 80?
    that's always where they wanted them, that's why they use a chase vehicle now to keep you from dropping back
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Did anyone who did this notice how nasty and clunky the transmissions were? I am wondering if they are all like this or is it because people who do not know how to drive a standard get in them?
      which school? who's equipment was it?
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
        that's always where they wanted them, that's why they use a chase vehicle now to keep you from dropping back
        Ive been wanting to take my 65 but never did because with 4:30 gears and no overdrive I did not want to drive 4.5 miles at close to 100mph. That is a lot of rpms for an extended period of time.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          which school? who's equipment was it?
          The Nascar Racing Experience
          NASCAR Racing Experience sale- SAVE up to 45% today. Drive a NASCAR race car or ride along at the nation's premier speedways.

The steering seemed loose too... like driving a bus.. on the straight-way it reminded me of my 65 when we first started restoring it and it had all the worn out steering components.

My dad and FIL said the same about their cars.

It was a blast though especially when he told me over the radio to pass the car after the turn.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Ive been wanting to take my 65 but never did because with 4:30 gears and no overdrive I did not want to drive 4.5 miles at close to 100mph. That is a lot of rpms for an extended period of time.

When I went to TMS charity few years ago, I was in a group of about 8, and most of us hit 115. There were only 3 cars in front of me, 1st 2 got up to around 130,but 3rd car was afraid to go that fast which left a big gap. So pace car slowed down. There was also "pace" in the back as well. Thought we were only going to go up to 75-80, but was cool that we did go faster.

Comment

I did this last Friday and it was blast. I used the living social deal along with the wife doing the ride along. She had a blast as well.

I did this with another company and that company actually had a person riding in the car with you coaching you. The experience I did last Friday just had someone talking to you via a 2 way radio.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                When I went to TMS charity few years ago, I was in a group of about 8, and most of us hit 115. There were only 3 cars in front of me, 1st 2 got up to around 130,but 3rd car was afraid to go that fast which left a big gap. So pace car slowed down. There was also "pace" in the back as well. Thought we were only going to go up to 75-80, but was cool that we did go faster.
                My car just isn't geared to go that fast for any length of time and I don't want to slow anybody else down for fear of hurting my car.

100 mph=5600 rpm
                115=6400 rpm
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                  I did this last Friday and it was blast. I used the living social deal along with the wife doing the ride along. She had a blast as well.

I did this with another company and that company actually had a person riding in the car with you coaching you. The experience I did last Friday just had someone talking to you via a 2 way radio.
                  Living social deal here to except I managed to get 3 to use my link so mine was free. My dad, my father in law, and some random person ( i posted the link on craigslist haha).
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

My car just isn't geared to go that fast for any length of time and I don't want to slow anybody else down for fear of hurting my car.

100 mph=5600 rpm
                    115=6400 rpm

hear ya...
                    from talking to guys there, they were saying depending on the group, the pace car will speed up.

Comment

The Nascar Racing Experience
                      NASCAR Racing Experience sale- SAVE up to 45% today. Drive a NASCAR race car or ride along at the nation's premier speedways.

The steering seemed loose too... like driving a bus.. on the straight-way it reminded me of my 65 when we first started restoring it and it had all the worn out steering components.

My dad and FIL said the same about their cars.

It was a blast though especially when he told me over the radio to pass the car after the turn.
                      I'm not exactly sure who owns that stuff, but i'm pretty sure they are using old school non clutchless T10's for transmissions. And whatever steering box's scraped off the floor from the used parts places in charlotte, so some of the valving might be super light and make them feel floppy.
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

We did it the other night and it was a blast. The 5 minutes went quick but it was fun! I got 152 mph, my dad got 142, and my father in law got 124. We did the 6-9 session and got to drive under the lights.

I recommend everyone do this one time in their life!
                        I got 149.75 my son in law got 154. Did the 6-9 also fun running under the lights.

Comment

Working...
                        X