Bearfire Resort?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearfire Resort?????

Randomly stumbled across this tonight. It's basically a year-round ski resort in the DFW area that was planned. There's a website for it and everything, but I can't find out if the plan was completely scrapped or anything. Maybe some of y'all that live in the area have a little inside info or something.

"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Ive been hearing about this place for the last 5 years. You would think someone would see a moutain being built somewhere around north Texas by now lol.
    -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      Randomly stumbled across this tonight. It's basically a year-round ski resort in the DFW area that was planned. There's a website for it and everything, but I can't find out if the plan was completely scrapped or anything. Maybe some of y'all that live in the area have a little inside info or something.

http://www.bearfireresort.com/index2...earfire_resort
      That project failed before it ever really got going.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        That project failed before it ever really got going.
        That's fucking sad. All of the models looked really cool.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
          That's fucking sad. All of the models looked really cool.
          Yeah. It might've flown, but bear in mind two things: 1.) That idea is horrendously expensive, and they were trying to break ground late 2007/early 2008 (LMAOnaise!), and 2.) Even if they could've raised the money to build it, it still would've sucked balls. Big ski mountains are hundreds to thousands of acres, and this joint was only going to have 35 acres of ski park, with the main slopes comprising 15 acres. It would be as crowded as a public pool in a bad neighborhood. No thank you.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I left DFW in 08 and remember seeing things about it back then. Personally I don't think real skiing is far enough away from DFW for that to be successful anyways. It isn't like Dubai resorts are just a short plane ride away from dfw.

Comment

That's definitely old news. They've approached my company for investment multiple times.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
              X