No announcement yet.

Roll and shave softball bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who defends a rolled bat is a giant tool. End of story.

Comment

did he ever post tits?
      if not GTFO
      first class white trash

Comment

We should start a dfwm, forum war beer league.
        Ded

Comment

The the name of the team shall be, Beer Bats...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            i don't have hair on my bat, but i always shave my balls
            I guess I can mark braiding your nut beard off my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
              I guess I can mark braiding your nut beard off my bucket list.
              sorry this sack stays breathtakingly hairless

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                So you're going to cheat against people that can barely catch a ball to defend themselves, and that makes it better than cheating against people that are better than you?Yeah, the composite bats we use now break down with every hit and become more flexible, which causes the balls to come off of them faster. Rolling is an artificial way of speeding up the break-in process, but it allows the bat to be broken in more evenly and across more of the bat than you'd be able to do by just hitting alone. Shaving is when they take off the end cap and remove material from inside the bat, making it much, much more flexible and making balls come off the bat much, much faster. They're both cheating.
                Same concept as tennis racquet strings. String it tighter and you have more control on the direction and depth, string it looser and you have way more power, but nowhere near the control.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  Same concept as tennis racquet strings. String it tighter and you have more control on the direction and depth, string it looser and you have way more power, but nowhere near the control.
                  It doesn't do anything to effect control, positively or negatively. The ball just comes off the bat much faster, affectively making it much, much more dangerous in the hands of someone that can't control where they hit. Hi Jody!
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

We've got a couple tools in our league that use hot bats (and we're coed too)...one of them is some big fat fuck that can barely make it around the bases, but yet he struts up like he's some kinda hero/ringer every time. He damned near got a bat across his head last season when a girl from one of the other teams took a hit from him. He blasts them out there yet has zero control.

We're a bunch of 30's-40's people playing for fun...I just don't get why some still have to cheat in that kind of environment.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      It doesn't do anything to effect control, positively or negatively. The ball just comes off the bat much faster, affectively making it much, much more dangerous in the hands of someone that can't control where they hit. Hi Jody!
                      It's not a major difference on a racquet, but it is there. Any time you get added flex, it's going to cause subtle changes. Ball stays on the impact surface just a touch longer. Same basic principle, not enough to throw off someone with control to begin with, but there is enough to throw off a beginner.

Comment

Is this thing similar to a shuck and jive basketball?
                        Ded

Comment

On another note, I have 2 bats I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested. One is an ASA Louisville Catalyst (34/27) and the other is a Worth Mayhem Red (34/27.5 end load). Both have tons of life in them.[/QUOTE]

Has rec softball changed the spec of bats used this year.
                          How much for the bats.
                          Ill shave your bats.

Comment

I had no idea what a shaved bat was and was wondering why this thread was so long. lol, what a little bitch move. You've got to be a real dumbass to cheat at a sport where absolutely NOTHING is on the line, except your own pride. Hint: And if you're cheating, that pride is artificial any way.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              I had no idea what a shaved bat was and was wondering why this thread was so long. lol, what a little bitch move. You've got to be a real dumbass to cheat at a sport where absolutely NOTHING is on the line, except your own pride. Hint: And if you're cheating, that pride is artificial any way.
                              I tend to agree.. I played rec softball a couple of years and couldn't imagine trying to cheat. Who the fuck cares? I was out there hanging out with friends. Do you use shaved bats in batting cages too? It's just as nonsensical.

But ultimately, the best measure of yourself is to compete only against yourself. So, while cheating may help you best the other players, relatively, it does not aid you in besting yourself; So what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                I tend to agree.. I played rec softball a couple of years and couldn't imagine trying to cheat. Who the fuck cares? I was out there hanging out with friends. Do you use shaved bats in batting cages too? It's just as nonsensical.

But ultimately, the best measure of yourself is to compete only against yourself. So, while cheating may help you best the other players, relatively, it does not aid you in besting yourself; So what's the point?
                                /thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X