Roll and shave softball bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cde21 View Post
    NOT saying it's right, but EVERY SINGLE softball game I played in the fall, there were at least 2 shaved bats on both teams... They are extremely fun to hit!
    I've played a ton of baseball and competitive softball. I still play some coed stuff on Fridays for fun from time to time now when I have a free night from coaching baseball. Shaved & rolled bats are illegal and have no place in softball. I've had balls hit at me while playing deep shortstop that I've literally barely had time to react at all to. I still move and field very well, and it's insane the way the ball comes off of a hot bat. The bats now are hot enough without modifying them. Learn to hit and stop cheating.

BTW, if I'm ever injured by a bat that I know has been modified, I'm pressing charges. It's that dangerous.

Warning: Thread jack in process!

On another note, I have 2 bats I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested. One is an ASA Louisville Catalyst (34/27) and the other is a Worth Mayhem Red (34/27.5 end load). Both have tons of life in them.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      I've played a ton of baseball and competitive softball. I still play some coed stuff on Fridays for fun from time to time now when I have a free night from coaching baseball. Shaved & rolled bats are illegal and have no place in softball. I've had balls hit at me while playing deep shortstop that I've literally barely had time to react at all to. I still move and field very well, and it's insane the way the ball comes off of a hot bat. The bats now are hot enough without modifying them. Learn to hit and stop cheating.

BTW, if I'm ever injured by a bat that I know has been modified, I'm pressing charges. It's that dangerous.

Warning: Thread jack in process!

On another note, I have 2 bats I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested. One is an ASA Louisville Catalyst (34/27) and the other is a Worth Mayhem Red (34/27.5 end load). Both have tons of life in them.
      You should probably move to the outfield if you can't react to the ball quick enough. They DO come off the bat extremely hot, and I'm not trying to judge your athleticism but literally every team we played last year had one. The sound is also very distinctive... Most umps don't give a shit unless it is brought up, at least in reg season. Tournaments at SoftballWorld, Gateway etc. they are much more harsh on the shaved bats...

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        and the other is a Worth Mayhem Red (34/27.5 end load). Both have tons of life in them.
        Is it the MH120 or JH120? How long have you had it/how much have you used it?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Shaved and rolled bats are for bitch ass cakes that cant send one over the fence on their own power.

Comment

You should probably move to the outfield if you can't react to the ball quick enough. They DO come off the bat extremely hot, and I'm not trying to judge your athleticism but literally every team we played last year had one.
            When your average Bigpapa swings a shaved bat, he's not going to hit much harder than the guys that can legitimately crush the ball. But when you give a shaved bat to somebody that can legitimately crush the ball, the ball gets through the infield faster than most guys can react. I'm not trying to judge your athleticism, but I'm guessing the quality of the teams you played is closer to the first group I described than the second.
            The sound is also very distinctive...
            Not really. They sound like well broken-in bats, and that sound varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, model to model.
            Most umps don't give a s unless it is brought up, at least in reg season. Tournaments at SoftballWorld, Gateway etc. they are much more harsh on the shaved bats...
            Not really. They should be, but they aren't.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

the coveted triple BOOSH!!!!!! my ni66a

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Speaking of foul, it looks like you're almost to 10k again, I can't wait, ZERO is my favotrite number...
                I'll try to think of a good 10k post to entertain you.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Sweet!

May I suggest starting a thread to announce your intentions at 10k, you know just so I don't miss it...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    If it's headed at the pitcher, then it isn't a line drive.
                    Good god.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      When your average Bigpapa swings a shaved bat, he's not going to hit much harder than the guys that can legitimately crush the ball. But when you give a shaved bat to somebody that can legitimately crush the ball, the ball gets through the infield faster than most guys can react. I'm not trying to judge your athleticism, but I'm guessing the quality of the teams you played is closer to the first group I described than the second.Not really. They sound like well broken-in bats, and that sound varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, model to model.Not really. They should be, but they aren't.
                      I can always tell a bat is shaved man, its got a distinctive POP to it. Plus it comes off the bat hot as hell. As for the umps, maybe you should start umpiring and start calling folks out. I'm not saying it's right, I can hit the ball just fine. I have used one a few times but it's still not right. People cheat in every aspect of life. I've just learned to deal with it and not complain...

Comment

I'm not trying to judge your athleticism, but I'm guessing the quality of the teams you played is closer to the first group I described than the second.
                        Yea, you're right. The last league I was in, was competitive C league. So def not high athleticism there but some decent shaped guys.

Comment

i don't have hair on my bat, but i always shave my balls

Comment

You should probably move to the outfield if you can't react to the ball quick enough. They DO come off the bat extremely hot, and I'm not trying to judge your athleticism but literally every team we played last year had one. The sound is also very distinctive... Most umps don't give a shit unless it is brought up, at least in reg season. Tournaments at SoftballWorld, Gateway etc. they are much more harsh on the shaved bats...
                            I didn't say I couldn't field them, but it's stupid that a 185 pound guy is hitting missiles at you that you can't field if they're more than 1 step away from you when you're playing in the grass. I know the sound of a shaved bat, and they have no place in the game. The time will come when someone faces criminal and civil charges on it, a city/field complex gets sued, etc., and that will end all of it.

I'm just not the type of guy that will turn around and drill one back at someone, because then it turns into them going after our pitcher. I will tell you exactly what I think about it when I see one though.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Oh goodie! I can't wait!
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Is it the MH120 or JH120? How long have you had it/how much have you used it?
                                It's the MH120, and I used it for league play (coed) for one and a half seasons last year. It's barely been used at all. I think it's a 27.5, but I can check. It may be a 28.5, but I'm 99% positive it's 27.5. It still looks shiny and new.

Create widespread panic in the outfield with the new Worth Mayhem Reload Advanced Players series! This exact design is one of Worth's top performing bats of all time. This season it returns in a limited edition run to help YOU make a run for the championship! This one-piece, 100% composite bat features game-proven Mayhem technology and a 0.5oz endload to give hitters a little extra umph behind their swing. This Reload is designed to transfer more energy to the ball, making it go furthur than you ever thought possible! Inside lies a multilayer composite core that is designed to provide maximum durability and exceptional rebound. Handle stiffness and barrel flexibility are optimized to provide maximum batted ball speed. Whether you're an all-star or just starting out, you'll be sending balls into galactic orbit with the monster shots that come off this bat! Count on the Pro-Pebble Grip to give you the comfort and control you'll need to spearhead the drive to a championship! Worth: Performance Through Technology! The Mayhem Reload is approved for play in USSSA, NSA, ISA, and ISF. It is not ASA approved. This bat comes backed by a Full Twelve (12) Month Manufacturer's Warranty. Free Shipping!

Comment

Working...
                                X