No announcement yet.

Roll and shave softball bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i stature is prolly not fitting of a name like Bigpapa, but i can put one over the fence @Mcinnish Park with a cheap right off the rack at academy easton bat. might i suggest a possible name change?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Seriously, Pathetic.

Comment

A guy took a line drive off the forehead from a hot bat at huffines and the owner of the bat was arrested and charged with something. I remember hearing the story a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
          A guy took a line drive off the forehead from a hot bat at huffines and the owner of the bat was arrested and charged with something. I remember hearing the story a couple of years ago.
          I am sure it's probably the same, but if a pitcher got hit and injured, The umps would take the bat, and have it sent to the maker to get it inspected. If you refused to hand over the bat, it was a year suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpapa View Post
            It's for college intramural softball. C'mon who cares. I'd understand the hostility if it was for a competitive league or something.
            So you're going to cheat against people that can barely catch a ball to defend themselves, and that makes it better than cheating against people that are better than you?
            Originally posted by vadertt View Post
            "Bat rolling is a process that can add incredible pop and distance to any softball or baseball bat. Everyone knows that bats get hotter after about 500-800 hits."

?? is dis da truf?
            Yeah, the composite bats we use now break down with every hit and become more flexible, which causes the balls to come off of them faster. Rolling is an artificial way of speeding up the break-in process, but it allows the bat to be broken in more evenly and across more of the bat than you'd be able to do by just hitting alone. Shaving is when they take off the end cap and remove material from inside the bat, making it much, much more flexible and making balls come off the bat much, much faster. They're both cheating.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
              So you're going to cheat against people that can barely catch a ball to defend themselves, and that makes it better than cheating against people that are better than you?Yeah, the composite bats we use now break down with every hit and become more flexible, which causes the balls to come off of them faster. Rolling is an artificial way of speeding up the break-in process, but it allows the bat to be broken in more evenly and across more of the bat than you'd be able to do by just hitting alone. Shaving is when they take off the end cap and remove material from inside the bat, making it much, much more flexible and making balls come off the bat much, much faster. They're both cheating.
              It's only cheating if you get caught....or someone dies, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                Tell that to the pitchers getting line drives right back at them.......
                If it's headed at the pitcher, then it isn't a line drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Then what is it?
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Then what is it?
                    lulz
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

NOT saying it's right, but EVERY SINGLE softball game I played in the fall, there were at least 2 shaved bats on both teams... They are extremely fun to hit!

Comment

Then what is it?
                        Apparently I am mistaken then, I thought a line drive was a hit along the foul line.

Comment

Apparently I am mistaken then, I thought a line drive was a hit along the foul line.
                          That is just a foul ball.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Speaking of foul, it looks like you're almost to 10k again, I can't wait, ZERO is my favotrite number...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by cde21 View Post
                              NOT saying it's right, but EVERY SINGLE softball game I played in the fall, there were at least 2 shaved bats on both teams... They are extremely fun to hit!
                              Try batting practice. Shaved bats are for uncoordinated little girls.
                              It's just a ball that's hit in the air with a fairly flat trajectory, usually hit pretty hard.
                              Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Unless it hits on the foul line. Then it's fair.
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

who does PC2 know more about baseball than aaron?

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X