Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rent a forum members car trailer for the weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent a forum members car trailer for the weekend?

(Mods feel free to move this posting if this is not the best suited forum)

I'm possibly driving down to Houston this Saturday 4/7/2012 to test drive and/or possibly buy a used Toyota 4Runner. I'm 42 years old with a clean driving record. I live in Plano, Texas and own a 2004 Chevy 2500HD .

Today I called the owner to request pictures of the drive train (frame\axles) to determine if its just a waxed up rust bucket or actually worth the trip to see it in person. But the owner is elderly sounding on the phone and slow to respond to emails. For that reason I chose not put a deposit down on a U-Haul trailer in case I do not actually make the trip.

So I figured I would give a forum member here a chance to make the same cash money as I would pay U-Haul if\when I make the final decision whether to go on Friday. The 4Runner looks great in pictures and is drivable but a trailer would prevent wasting gas of two vehicles driving back to Plano. The trailer would need to include ramps, tie-downs, and a spare tire if needed. I would prefer a double axle trailer. U-Haul estimated the rental cost at $100+. Send me a PM for more details if you are interested.

For what its worth...
    I was a previous forum member (Fourx4Brad) from the now Canadian owned site. I owned a 98 White Cobra in 2005-08. I realize this is my second post here but I visit this site every couple days for entertainment.

regards, Brad

Originally posted by Fourx4Brad View Post
    (Mods feel free to move this posting if this is not the best suited forum)

I'm possibly driving down to Houston this Saturday 4/7/2012 to test drive and/or possibly buy a used Toyota 4Runner. I'm 42 years old with a clean driving record. I live in Plano, Texas and own a 2004 Chevy 2500HD .

Today I called the owner to request pictures of the drive train (frame\axles) to determine if its just a waxed up rust bucket or actually worth the trip to see it in person. But the owner is elderly sounding on the phone and slow to respond to emails. For that reason I chose not put a deposit down on a U-Haul trailer in case I do not actually make the trip.

So I figured I would give a forum member here a chance to make the same cash money as I would pay U-Haul if\when I make the final decision whether to go on Friday. The 4Runner looks great in pictures and is drivable but a trailer would prevent wasting gas of two vehicles driving back to Plano. The trailer would need to include ramps, tie-downs, and a spare tire if needed. I would prefer a double axle trailer. U-Haul estimated the rental cost at $100+. Send me a PM for more details if you are interested.

For what its worth...
    I was a previous forum member (Fourx4Brad) from the now Canadian owned site. I owned a 98 White Cobra in 2005-08. I realize this is my second post here but I visit this site every couple days for entertainment.

regards, Brad
    uhaul rents car trailers and tow dollies:

U-Haul trailers are aerodynamic and low profile for better gas mileage. Our 65+ years leading the industry means the best options for your move.

Comment

Who are you again?

Comment

2 posts, you joined 5 months ago and you want someone to hand you their car trailer? What are you leaving behind to make sure said trailer is returned in good shape? And you don't expect to provide your own tow straps?
        Last edited by Forever_frost; 04-04-2012, 04:23 PM.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          2 posts, you joined 5 months ago and you want someone to hand you their car trailer? What are you leaving behind to make sure said trailer is returned in good shape?
          His wife.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
            His wife.

pics?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              pics?
              He's 42, probably do not want.

Edit: But wait, isn't Leah 45?

Comment

A plane ticket is $181.00 one way. I just bought a truck from a guy in Houston. I flew down there, he picked me up at the airport and I drove it back to Dallas.

I was also prepared to buy a plane ticket back home if the truck wasn't as described.

My .02
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

A big request for 2 posts in..

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                    A big request for 2 posts in..
                    Especially asking for tie downs, spares, ramps and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      2 posts, you joined 5 months ago and you want someone to hand you their car trailer? What are you leaving behind to make sure said trailer is returned in good shape? And you don't expect to provide your own tow straps?
                      So....is that a yes??

Comment

Originally posted by GTBrian23 View Post
                        So....is that a yes??
                        I have one that I've offered to board members before but I mean 2 posts and asking for not only a trailer but everything else as well?

Comment

Screen shot and throw in the "seems legit" thread. Wow

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            He's 42, probably do not want.

Edit: But wait, isn't Leah 45?
                            No, I think she's 50.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                              No, I think she's 50.

Comment

Working...
                              X